Subaru WRX Forum banner

So Pissed

4K views 28 replies 9 participants last post by  Danielson 
#1 ·
So I just placed a order for some intake mods on ScoobyTuner.com and now my car is making a noise I've never heard before! So Pissed:mad:! It happens every time I let Off the Gas in Second, Third and it happens in fourth around 15,000rpm sounds like if you put a playing card in the Spoke of a bike! I have no Idea what it is but I'm taking it to my Auto class tonight so I hope I can find out what it is! If any one has had this happen or knows what it is can u let me know a.s.p.
thanks

#4 ·
Danielson, the only thing I could think of is that there is something that isn't tightened down all the way that is causing a leak. If you would like you can call us and we can talk over the phone about what's going on to see if we may be able to shine some light on the problem.

I just hope you don't think that the reason you are having this issue is because you ordered from us. Let me know. We are here to help! :)

Chris
Scoobytuner.com

#5 ·
That's what I call customer support. !Thumbs Up Good luck Danielson, you've got plenty of willing people ready to help ya man.

Also, did you just order the mods, or have you installed them already?

#6 ·
yeah I ment 1500rpms and I just ordered the intake haven't got it yet so thats not the problum and there are no mods except a turboXS BOV but I didn't install that it was on the car when I bought it! I talked to my dad and a guy at work the races and they think it might be the exhaust ### i had Carmax (thats where I bought the car) replace the down pipe that was bad there is a plus I got the extended warrenty so I think it will be covered I just want to know whats with my Baby! ScoobyTuner thanks for the support I really like that you guys very helpful! and thanks to every one here at WRXtuners you guys are also very helpful! Again thanks!!

#7 ·
Sorry to hear about the problem but I'm happy to hear that you are in the works of gettng it taken care of. :) Keep us in the loop and let us know if there is anything we can do on our end.

BTW, I just looked up your order and checked out the items that were on there. You shouldn't have any issues with the items you ordered. They shouldn't affect the MAF sensor or anything like that. It's a very safe/effective mod. I won't say what they are unless you want to (just to be on the safe side). I think everyone will agree that if you were to tell them the items you ordered, they would agree.

#8 ·
Please for the love all that is Subaru, tell me that you have the recirc kit for the BOV. If not, PUT THE STOCK BACK ON. While that may not completely fix the issue, it will help.

With it having a BOV, I kinda wonder what other modifications the previous owner had done. I've known guys that nearly blew their motor, returned the car back to stock, and traded it in on something newer/less damaged.

#9 ·
Yeah, are you sure Danielson that it's not just your BOV going off? When you don't build up full boost and let off the gas, the BOV flutters letting out only the little you had built up. But when you build up enough boost, it will do the usuall "ppshhhhuuu!!!!". I had just been watching a guy testing for boost leaks on his evo with a turboXS BOV, and it fluttered when he didn't give it as much throttle, and it did the loud BOV noise when he gave it more.

And whoever did that is messed up crazytaxi, I'd be pissed to buy a car from someone who did that...

#12 · (Edited by Moderator)
Thanks for the info every one but I found the Problum its my drive shaft and rear diff !Cry! and the intake mod is a motoGP elbow, a pirren filter, and a pirren AFTA MAF silicone hose, and I have no problums with this car till now and the cat was a broken wire but other then that perfect

and i would put the stock bpv back on but! I bought it with the Turbo XS bpv on there so no stock one to replace it!

#13 · (Edited by Moderator)
I will not double post! I will not double post! I will not double post! I will not double post! I will not double post! I will not double post! I will not double post! I will not double post! I will not double post! I will not double post! I will not double post! I will not double post! I will not double post! I will not double post! I will not double post! I will not double post! I will not double post! I will not double post! I will not double post! I will not double post! I will not double post! I will not double post! I will not double post!

#14 ·
Danielson, do you know if that TXS unit is the RFL? That one has been known to leak. If I would try chceking the classifieds either here or on Nasioc. you might be able to find some one who isn't using theirs any more and you could buy it off them for cheap. Either that or get a different valve that isn't prone to leaking or an aftermarket recirc valve. They hold boost better than the OEM.

#16 ·
This is the TurboXS RFL for the 2008. If it looks similar, probably is an RFL.
Turbo XS - WRX, STi, EVO SRT4, Subaru, Mitsubishi, Turbo, Turbocharged

RFL = Really F'ing Loud.

My advice is find a stock one. Assuming the recirculation tube is still there. If not, you can always sucker someone in to trading the stock one for it. . . Not that I'm recommending screwing over a Suby brother or sister.

#18 ·
Get me a picture and I'll figure it out. Gotta warn you though, the BOV is going to cause you to run rich. Especially between shifts. This is the second biggest reason we ALL say put a BPV on there. Biggest reason is the way the car is designed to run. All the air is metered before the turbo by the MAF, if you remove any of it afterwards it can cause problems. Not to mention that it's illegal in states that you have to pass emissions testing.

#23 ·
hey, i have that same noise coming from my 05 wagon. it wasnt always there, i just noticed it about 2 months ago. the noise only comes after about 3k rpm in 2nd and 3rd gear and a little bit in 4th. havent heard of anyone else with the same problem until this thread... and you hit the nail on the head. sounds like a card in a bike spoke. you think it could be my rear diff as well? how did you find out what was wrong with yours?

#26 ·
Well I have a lift at my disposal and I lifted my car up and had one of my friends sit in the car and drive it so to speak and I went under it and found that the sound was coming from the drive shaft and rear diff so im taking my car in so pro's can fix it the right way even if I new how to fix it its under warrenty! But I really don't want to ### I'll miss my car but as they say bite the bullet and take it in as soon as you can! Or you will soon be a front wheel drive Subaru "no fun"

#29 ·
So got my baby back with a brand new rear diff and installed the intake parts and fixed my BOV the who own the car before me never cleaned it! took me half an hour to clean out all dirt and grime it looked nasty but now it looks very sexy! haha so far I haven't had a problum "knock on wood" but I am taking it easy with the new diff just to break it in even after Im gonna take it easy! :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.