Smoke from hood scoop... - Page 2 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 21 Old 01-04-2011, 11:41 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

m777WRX is an unknown
im gunna try that today, been looking around though and bad cam seals and engine smoke/ oil loss seems to go together, lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 21 Old 01-05-2011, 04:18 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

m777WRX is an unknown
"Well theres your problem!"
lol..think i found the leak
Attached Images

post #18 of 21 Old 01-05-2011, 07:48 PM
WRXtuners Member

Chase is a WRX expert worth listening to Chase is a WRX expert worth listening to Chase is a WRX expert worth listening to
Wow, tore into it huh?. How hard were the covers, or cover, to take off with the motor in the car?

355 awhp fp green six speed wagon in Corvette Atomic Orange
-Brandon
post #19 of 21 Old 01-05-2011, 09:54 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

m777WRX is an unknown
yea took that valve cover off. motor in the car, but let me tell you PITA!! omg, subaru why do you hate us! yea compared to like a flippin honda, this was crazy, and theres two of them (passenger/driver). but yea didnt do drivers side yet, prob gunna do that this weekend. Passenger was main issue, but yea all the gaskets were literally as hard and brittle as plastic when i took them out. just pop off snorkel, airbox and you're there. also gotta take out the two spark plug coils, think it was a 12mm for that. a 10mm ratcheting wrench is helpfull and a 10mm socket on a small ratchet as well, need them for tight space, 8 total bolts holding cover on after spark plugs. again pita, but i think its way worth it. only problem is that (due to the design) i dripped oil on my uppipe while taking the cover off. so now im smoking like a mother. but hopefully itll burn off quick and ill be rid of the leak/smoke/smell.
post #20 of 21 Old 01-07-2011, 08:12 AM
WRXtuners Member

midniteblack is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to midniteblack
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase View Post
I've got a wicked leak from my powersteering pump, still needs replaced once I get it rebuilt. It smells terrible. check your power steering fluid level.
I'd get that fixed asap man. I've heard of multiple cars burning to the ground due to power steering leaks.
post #21 of 21 Old 04-29-2011, 12:23 AM
WRXtuners Member

lindabum is an unknown
having the same problem with my subie. I just got it in December from capitol toyota off the used car lot. The day right after I noticed white smoke from the hood scoop and called to ask them what it was and took it back for them to look at as well. They said it might be the chemicals used to clean the engine, or they topped off the oil and the excess is burning off. it's a 2002 wrx wagon with about 127,000 miles. it's now almost may and its still burning white smoke......at a lost for words about how to go about fixing it. I've had ppl tell me that i need a new turbo, some tell me that I probably have an oil line leaking any suggestions on what to look for???? where to start looking???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement