*sigh* Redlined. Bov and turbo not working - Page 3 - Subaru WRX Forum
 9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#31 Old 09-30-2013, 07:39 PM
WRXtuners Member

brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to
Garage
That's what you get for buying anything with the Prosport name on it. Junk. All of it. If it's just the up-pipe, you're gonna need a new 2-bolt EWG one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 Old 09-30-2013, 08:07 PM
WRXtuners Member

mpinto19k is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by brfatal View Post
That's what you get for buying anything with the Prosport name on it. Junk. All of it. If it's just the up-pipe, you're gonna need a new 2-bolt EWG one.
Lol well you called it! Think I'm just going to go ahead and replace up pipe and headers then because the headers are prosport as well.

So with that being said now, recommendations of some good headers and up pipes? Just to be sure I'm getting this right, the up pipe I get will have to have an EWG right? Or do all up pipes have EWG's anyway?
#33 Old 09-30-2013, 08:38 PM
WRXtuners Member

06_hawk_eye is an unknown
Borla makes an unequal header for header for 700$. And not all up pipes have a ewg spot. Only certain up pipes have these will have to look into these.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
#34 Old 09-30-2013, 09:52 PM
WRXtuners Member

boo-key bear is a helpful contributing member
Garage
Grimmspeed all the way if your wastegate is v-band.

Hopefully my check is in the mail kirt...lol!
turmic likes this.

Adair
06' wrx tr
Phatbotti tuned!
#35 Old 09-30-2013, 11:16 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
GT-Spec...buy quality. I like Grimmspeed but it's just port'd and polished pipes.

Kirt
378awhp/373wtq Custom Dom 3 & CBRD tuned 2006 STI.
"When in doubt...flat out" - Colin McRae
#36 Old 10-01-2013, 01:31 AM
WRXtuners Member

Brockton is a helpful contributing member
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpinto19k View Post
Ok ya I'm going to get in there and check all my hoses and everything and worst case get the boost leak done. Bad timing for this though, being that I'm in the military really didn't want to spend money I didn't have to being that my next pay check isn't guaranteed.

How can I be sure im not burning oil? Just check the level? I didn't see anything smoking.

Thanks for responses
Congress passed a bill today guaranteeing the military will get their pay as usual. Just a heads up.
#37 Old 10-01-2013, 09:42 AM
WRXtuners Member

mpinto19k is an unknown
Ya saw that last night and the money in the bank! Haha.

So quick update, after further inspection I also have a hairline crack on the headers as well. This is what I'm torn about now. Started looking up some stuff about GT-Spec and one of the first things I see is this (My GTSpec headers CRACKED! - NASIOC)

So what's really the deal with headers and up pipes? These headers and pipes are 5 years old, have the receipts for them and of course I don't know how hard previous owners dogged them out. Yes brfatal I understand you feel prosport is garbage but they have lasted 5 years and from the looks of it everyone just seems to have there favorite brand and they stick with it. So I say that because I'm gonna see if the shop that these were installed will honor any sort of warranty, or just offer me a discounted price. Reason being don't feel like dropping even more money on a retune when this car was just tuned a few months ago. I don't race and don't really drive her to hard. Ya sure I #### with other cars but I don't go crazy with it, I actually rarely went over 5000rpm.

So just looking for some more opinions. Thanks again to everyone for all the help, it was/is seriously appreciated!
#38 Old 10-01-2013, 10:19 AM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
They all crack at some point...because the bolt down areas are under the most stress. That's why the OEMs have that part beefed up. GS just ports and polishes them...well, they can thermal coat them too. It's better than nothing. But, go with what you know, trust, or can afford. Just know if its a switch in brand. You might have to retune.

Kirt
#39 Old 10-16-2013, 09:18 PM
WRXtuners Member

mpinto19k is an unknown
Bolt issues...

Alright again everyone appreciate all the great help I've received! So I have already ordered and received my new headers and up pipe. Stuck with prosport, the new pipes look pretty damn legit to me. Taken me about a week dealing with seized bolts and after lots of frustration and borrowing of tools have managed to get everything off. Also comparing the "prosport" headers and up pipe I pulled off the car to the new ones I have received, either prosport has seriously stepped there game up or what was on there was not prosport headers and up pipe. The new ones look WAY more beefy than what I pulled off and the old headers did not have the prosport logo on there which maybe it fell off? So besides the point the headers and up pipe I got look way boss! Got them wrapped and sprayed with a silicone spray and got the EWG welded onto the up pipe! WOO HOO! Right?

So now I'm ready to slap everything back on and I'm kind of OCD about stuff but the M10 x1.25 x 40mm bolts I got from Home Depot have 17mm heads and nuts??? Not 14! Is that ok? Can I go ahead and continue installing everything? If not this is where I ask for some help, need a link to the exact bolts I'll need. I just want to buy all brand new bolts because most every bolt on that car was seized and or just rusted pretty bad.

This is actually kind of confusing me as far as where I use studs bolts etc. I just want new bolts for up pipe to turbo (came with studs just no nuts or anything) new bolts for turbo to down pipe, bolts for header to up pipe and new bolts for the headers to engine block.

Any help is beyond appreciated, I'm really really dying to get my car back on the road! Debating even just spending the extra cash and going to Subaru for all of this.. maybe?
#40 Old 10-16-2013, 10:11 PM
WRXtuners Member

boo-key bear is a helpful contributing member
Garage
You can order some oem dp to turbo bolts/studs from rally sport direct or just go to the dealer and get what you need. http://www.rallysportdirect.com/Exha...s-and-Hardware
the RIOT act and arewmors like this.

Adair
06' wrx tr
Phatbotti tuned!

Last edited by boo-key bear; 10-17-2013 at 06:54 AM.
#41 Old 10-17-2013, 11:12 AM
WRXtuners Member

mpinto19k is an unknown
Ya thanks for reply, going to go to Subaru today and pick up the bolts.
#42 Old 10-17-2013, 06:46 PM
WRXtuners Member

mpinto19k is an unknown
Well Subaru doesn't have them!? Blows my mind! Seriously, where do people get new bolts for there cars!!! Shits crazy!
#43 Old 10-17-2013, 07:54 PM
WRXtuners Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpinto19k View Post
Well Subaru doesn't have them!? Blows my mind! Seriously, where do people get new bolts for there cars!!! Shits crazy!
Had a problem with Subaru not having egr gaskets in stock and couldn't get them untill Monday? I've had that problem alot with them since having my head gaskets done. They never have any parts in stock.

#44 Old 10-17-2013, 08:32 PM
WRXtuners Member

Everything is in a central warehouse....but, don't worry. They'll order them and you can come back later for them.

Kirt
#45 Old 10-17-2013, 08:50 PM
WRXtuners Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by turmic View Post
Everything is in a central warehouse....but, don't worry. They'll order them and you can come back later for them.
Sucks when you already have everything apart.