Short in the fuel system - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 Old 03-27-2004, 09:41 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

jdmexpress is an unknown
Short in the fuel system

For some reason, after I shut the car off, the fuel system components are still on, drawing power from my battery until it eventually dies over a span of 8 hours. When I pull the fuse, everything is turned off, and the battery is saved (this is how I know its in the fuel system). I am not too familiar with the parts of the fuel system, so I dont really know where I should start looking to find this short. So far, I have identified the following components to still be hot after the car is turned off (using a test light): the idle control solenoid (which "hums" when the car is off), the MAF sensor, the O2 sensor, some box mounted to the right side of the engine bay with a bunch of vacuum lines coming out of it. I have checked most of the wiring, so I figure it may be a stuck relay or something. I also completely disconnected all of the harnesses running to the ignition to make sure the car wasnt thinking the key was in and turned to the ACC position. Any insight I can get as to what other parts I should check or what fails often would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!