Subaru WRX Forum banner

secondary air pump problem

19K views 12 replies 4 participants last post by  pzr2874 
#1 ·
i have question about secondary air pump delete. I have a 06 wrx but recently have CEL codes about secondary air pump. I want to pass emission to renew my tag. My question is can just map out the CEL codes so the ecu won't read it and don't even need to change for the block off plates. All i need is to pass emission to renew my tag.

#12 · (Edited)
CEL Fix for air pump deletes

So what are my options for permanently deleting my air pump CELs? I have the block off plates but since I don't have a tool to flash the ECU and I don't have Cobb AP on this car ('06 XT)? Does anyone know of inexpensive flash programmers that would do the trick?

Otherwise I'd even buy someone a pack of beer to flash it for me... Anyone coming to central Illinois? Or know any tuners in the area?

#5 ·
You can't just disable the CEL without going through ATR on your AP.

If you just clear the code, do it around the corner then go get inspected. You might luck out and it won't come back on.

#6 ·
i cleared the codes but it comes back with in 20 miles of driving. SO everytime i clear the codes my readiness is reset and i still can't pass emission with my readiness not ready. All i need is not to have CEL and get my readiness ready so i can go through emission. Disable the secondary air pump codes without changing the block off plate would harm the car? ### right the valve of secondary air pump is already failed (stuck open) so disable the codes only would help pass emission?

#7 ·
IIRC, they will allow you to pass on (1) not ready. <-- I could be misinformed

Disabling the code won't harm your car. I know it's irritating. Get the block off's in the meantime and get an AP. Or get an OS tune and have the tuner delete the codes.

Tell me, do they actually plug into your OBD2?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.