Subaru WRX Forum banner

seafoam/brake booster line?

7K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  vincentbrown5385 
#1 ·
ok, so im thinking about seafoaming the car, (02 impreza wrx) so i was watching some videos about it, they all seem to say to pour some into the brake booster line, well i have NO idea where that is, any help? maybe even a picture? the last thing i want to do is pour into the wrong line. Thanks! oh and seems most people do 1/3 in oil, 1/3 in gas tank, and 1/3 in booster line, anything else i should be seafoaming?

#2 ·
I've never seen the video, but I'm pretty sure they don't put it in the brake booster. Are you sure it wasn't a vacuum line or some sort of intake line? Also putting additives in your oil isn't necessarily good (IMO) you change the oil enough for it not to be added. Having it go through the gas lines and the intake is all I do when I seafoam and I also drive like a grandma because it lowers the octane in your gas

#4 ·
Did it through my bpv vacuum line about a month ago, works great. Most went in that way and the rest into my oil.
It burns out in like ten minutes. Your not honna want to do it in town though.
The next day I changed my oil, but I didn't have too. I was just already doing my maintenance.

#5 ·
ok, so looks like the bpv is facing downwards..? how do i get it in there, sounds like some people use a peice of hose, but i dont know what size. what about the smaller line that recirculates? does that suck inwards good enough, or does that only work when the turbo is "blowing-off" i'm just trying to find the easiest way to do this is all, lol

#6 ·
Car running, small vac line on bpv.
I just poured/sucked it in with the vac line, but I have seen people make line extensions for this.
Maybe do half the can through there and the rest in the oil.
Let the vac line take sips on it or you will stall out.

#12 ·
No, in the tank will not smoke.

Just grab the little line off the BPV. I honestly never put SF in my tank. I use B12 in the tank as it's a 1/3 of the price. Remember to change your oil after a day or 2 of driving with it in your cranckcase.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.