screeching noice from the rear drivtrain - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 01-11-2011, 04:46 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Subajet0509 is an unknown
screeching noice from the rear drivtrain

I was out playing in the snow over the weekend in a stone parking lot and was fine for about 5min then stopped let the other guys have a go and went out to top their "drifting" lol and as i was sliding there was a terrible loud screech from we believe the back left wheel.. thinking i broke a axle or stripped the gears out of the rear end i stopped checked for fluid etc and was fine.. did exactly what i did that made the noise and it did it again turning left spinning in the snow was causing it at about 5k rpm. then we figured a little stone go in between the brakes.. 2 days later it doesn't make that noise when i slide around but now a little lump in the road and i hear a squeak coming from the back, any ideas as to the problem would appreciate the input, buddies think its the wheel bearing but there's no noise or anything at highway speed and everything is still smooth while driving, also guy at work said in the winter some suspension will squeak due to the cold temps.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 01-12-2011, 10:43 AM
WRXtuners Member

man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to
How many miles are on the car? I suspect it might be a wheel bearing or possibly a CV joint. Are there any other symptoms you can feel or is it just noise? I'm sure someone will chime in on the proper way to diagnose a faulty wheel bearing. Check for tears or fluid near or around your CV joint boots to see if that might be the problem. Either way, you should have it taken in and checked out by a pro. Unusual noises are a sign that something is wrong.

John
07 WRX