rough idle when cold? - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 Old 05-20-2004, 09:03 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

subieside is an unknown
Question rough idle when cold?

I just posted a thread on the power mod forum about my tumbler valve trouble. This may or may not be related but I thought that since this seems like a different problem I would post it here.
Overview: I had a stage fourTBXS kit put on and the mechanic screwed up and removed the tubler motor to install my fuel rails. When he put it back on the valves where closed and hence mad the car run like crap. He has since fixed the problem and the car actually does run really strong now(wow what difference stage four is from stage two). However now when the car is cranked when cold the car idles high(as it is supposed to) for a few seconds then whe it drops down to normal idle and the car is still a bit cold it runs like crap, it feels like I'm flooding the car, or maybe the tumbler valves are stuck open? If I ease on the throttle and keep the revs up its fine but if I let off or come to a stop before the car is completley warm it feels like the car is going to die. I would think that it is the fuel map, because it is running rich throughout the rpm range but normally that is at WOT. I would think that this was related to the Tumbler valves but the car is not throughing any codes. I'll call Turboxs tomorrow just to run this by them but I thought that some of you may have had some rough idle problems and might have an answer. Sorry for being so long winded but I really just want my car working again, so any help you can give would be great!

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement