Replaced sensor but CEL is still on! help! - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 06-28-2010, 10:45 PM
WRXtuners Member

bugeye03 is an unknown
Replaced sensor but CEL is still on! help!

Hi guys

I recently replaced my TGV (tumble generator valve) sensor which was giving me code p1088. Pepboys was trying to tell me they could only replace the whole TGV unit which was about $900 with parts and labor and they couldn't do the sensor alone. So i found used sensors online from a website who does TGV deletes and saves the parts for themselves. So for $30 dollars i got the parts delivered and replaced it myself. After putting the new sensor on my 03 and starting the car up the CEL was still on. i scanned with my actron scanner and it showed code p1088, the original code and now it shows 1088dp which is code pending. So i take it for a test drive and right away notice my car is far worse! Around 5000 rpms in EVERY gear it feels like im hitting a wall. I think my car is in limp mode but i have no dash lights saying if it is. Ive only drove about 5 miles sense I replaced the sensor and thats when i noticed my car was running like crap. I tried disconnecting the negative on my battery and reseting the ECU but the CEL was still on when i started my car. I was just wondering what to do now?? Do i need to keep driving on it for like 20 more miles for it to register the new part? Or how about if I erased the CEL with my scanner, is that all i need to do for my car to work? Im stumped on my next move, i really wanna avoid the subie dealership but is that what im gonna have to do? any other options?

Thanks for the time guys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 06-29-2010, 09:07 AM
WRXtuners Member

VisiX is a helpful contributing member
Some Info:
http://www.scoobymods.com/tgv-sensor...88-t5160.html?

"After installing the new part you will still get the CEL light on (and blinking CC light) until you reset the ECU."

Ryan
2009 STi - Cobb Stage 2