Rear tie rod? Please help!!!! - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 03-13-2010, 01:42 PM
WRXtuners Member

jccrew1982 is an unknown
Rear tie rod? Please help!!!!

Hello all, something broke on my left rear side of my 2004 wrx this morning. I am trying to find the right part but do !Cry! not know its specific name attached is a picture of the underside of my car. I believe it to be a tierod... however I cannot find a part named tie rod for sale, so I am thinking that its actual name is something else. Please forgive me for my ignorance in this matter but if someone can either point to the right part or better yet tell me where I might be able to order this specific part I would be very grateful.

I am having a little trouble uploading the picture of the issue.. but its the rod running perpendicular to the rear wheel in the rear. I will try and upload picture to my profile.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 03-13-2010, 02:53 PM
WRXtuners Member

RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Probably your rear trailing arms...

RallySportDirect.com - Cusco WRX STI Trailing Arms

Only other thing would be your lateral links, but those run parallel to the axle and are also in the picture I linked (the smaller two blue rods).

-Chris
#3 Old 03-13-2010, 03:37 PM
WRXtuners Member

jccrew1982 is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by RcrsWetDream View Post
Probably your rear trailing arms...

RallySportDirect.com - Cusco WRX STI Trailing Arms

Only other thing would be your lateral links, but those run parallel to the axle and are also in the picture I linked (the smaller two blue rods).
yes I believe it is the rear most lateral link perpendicular to wheel and parallel to axle... it is a 2004 wrx.. do you know if these cusco ones would work? or is there any other decent ones for a little less.
#4 Old 03-13-2010, 06:11 PM
WRXtuners Member

RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Oh perpendicular to the wheel, I read that wrong. So yeah it's the probably the lateral link.

https://www.chaplinssubarugenuinepar...parts_cat.html

Looks like the wrx has different front links, but the rear seems to be for all impreza's. Maybe call a dealer to get an exact part number for the right rear lateral link, 2004 wrx.

-Chris