Subaru WRX Forum banner

ran hard wont start

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  VD5505 
#1 ·
i just got a 02 wagon i dont have any mods except a blowoff valve and some minor suspension work i have only had the car about three mos. i was running it real hard for about 25 miles when i was done i got off the freeway and got to a stop light and it cut off now it wont start no noises no smoke just cut off now i have oil in my intake all the way up to my air filter and need some help ive been told that these motors the timing belts have a problem with slipping teeth would this cause blowby or maybe i fried the rings im not sure what to do had hondas most of my life jus made the step up to a rex and turbo so kinda lost on this motor its way different then anything i have pulled apart before so any help or insight would be greatly appreciated e-mail me at aalkross@hotmail.com

#2 ·
well, start by explaining what happens when you try to start it. Is there any power at all? will the starter turn? if yes to both of those, you can do a compression test. basically, its the same steps you would take with a honda that wouldnt start. even if you blew the turbo or broke something turbo-related, the engine would usually still start.

#3 ·
i have power to everything and yes the starter turns the motor over when i try to start the car it turns but no fire up im gonna try to go and get a compression tester tomorrow and see what happens what should it be at something like 80 lbs minimum right? with the coil packs i can do the same thing as i would with regular spark plug wires and check all for spark right. i hear the fuel pump kick on when i turn the key so i know im getting fuel. now is it true about the timing belts slipping? and these motors are non interfering right?

#5 ·
take all the front plastic off and look at your timing belt and line up all the marks to see if they all line up right, and just because you hear the fuel pump come on doesn't mean that you getting fuel, you have to check to see if your getting fuel up to the fuel rails. yes check to see if your getting spark first off.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.