Crank case re-routing for PERRIN inlet hose
NOTE: Use instructions in conjunction with diagrams below to help with re-routing of 1/2” fuel hose, and bypassing of PCV diagnosis connector.
1. Remove OEM hose with PCV diagnosis connector from crank case vent fitting located on block next to throttle body.
NOTE:02-03 cars will not have the PCV diagnosis connector.
2. Install supplied 1/2” fuel hose to crank case vent fitting.
3. Cut right side valve cover vent hose (leading from cylinder head to steel crossover tube on intercooler) below retaining clip and
install 1/2” tee to bridge both ends of hose. NOTE: The 1/2” tee can be placed anywhere along the rubber hose leading all the
way up to the Inlet hose.
4. Connect 1/2” hose to open spigot on 1/2” tee installed in step 3. Make sure to route hose away from any moving parts.
(Throttle linkage on 02-05 WRX’s) Trim hose if necessary.
Above diagram showing crank case, and valve cover vent hose routing highlighted in white. Note the “Y” junction on front of
intercooler is actually hard piping, not rubber hose.Above diagram showing crank case, and valve cover vent hose routing with picture from above removed. Note the “Y” junction on
front of intercooler is actually hard piping, not rubber hose. If you have an 02-03 car, you will not see the PCV diagnosis connector,
but rather a single hose traveling from crank case vent to oem inlet hose.
Above diagram showing crank case, and valve cover vent hose after the hose routing is complete.
The above diagram shows a closeup of the crank case vent/PCV junction. Note: The OEM crank case vent hose is removed in the
picture leaving behind an open fitting. This is where 1/2” fuel hose connects in below steps.2004+ PCV Diagnosis connector bypass instructions
2004+ vehicles have an additional sensor attached to hose coming from crank case vent going to OEM inlet hose. This sensor makes a
mechanical and electrical connection telling the ECU that a PCV hose is connected and not leaking air. The PERRIN inlet hose requires
bypassing this connector. Again this is not an “active” sensor. The connector only completes a circuit.
1. Locate PCV Diagnosis connector (grey or white depending on year) on crank case vent hose removed earlier. This was
removed from crankcase vent junction located on the block next to throttle body. (see above picture)
2. Using below picture, inside PCV Diagnosis connector, find “jumper pin” and remove using needle nose pliers. This pin is
pressed lightly into the electrical side of the connector.
3. Locate harness and plug that was connected to PCV diagnosis connector, and place “jumper pin” into female pins in the
harness/plug. Use electrical tape to secure in place.
Above diagram showing “Jumper Pin” being removed from PCV diagnosis connecter and crank case vent hose
Took that from the perrin install instructions. Sorry, couldnt copy and paste the photos but they are pretty good and the whole thing can be downloaded from perrin's site.
06' wrx tr