Problem installing Turbo Inlet on 04 WRX...Please Help! - Subaru WRX Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By BLAZE2099

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 08-09-2013, 08:00 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Brando1224 is an unknown
Problem installing Turbo Inlet on 04 WRX...Please Help!

Hello All

I have an 04 WRX and the Turbo Inlet Pipe was cracked so I bought an aftermarket silicone one to replace it. Now besides the stupid issues of vacuum lines and the plastic fitting being brittle and braking I have one Major Issue. One the 04 WRX and I assume newer since it was first introduced on the 04, there is what seems to be a Pressure Sensor that was connected Directly to the original Turbo Inlet. It slid directly into one of the plastic fittings on the inlet, how ever the new inlet has metal hose fittings and does not slid into it / around it like the old one. Has anyone else run into this issue and could they Please help me out in coming up with a viable solution that will work. I have read another post on NASIOC that someone had the same issue but the suggestions there were to just bypass it because they didn't know what it did and it didn't seem to set off the CEL. I would rather not do this and keep it the way it was so if anyone has had this issue and actually found a solution, Please Help. Link to the NASIOC post is below...

Difficulty with Perrin Turbo Inlet Hose on a 2004 WRX? - NASIOC

Thank You All in advance for your Help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 08-09-2013, 08:11 PM
Premium Member

boo-key is known to be trustworthy and helpful boo-key is known to be trustworthy and helpful boo-key is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Garage
I don't remember anything like that on my 06 except the pcv hose which had a sensor thing in. It had a thing on the sensor that i was able to take out and plug into it kinda like a jumper wire. The install directions should tell you exactly what to do. Ill try to find a link to what im talking about.

Adair
06' wrx tr
Phatbotti tuned!
post #3 of 6 Old 08-09-2013, 08:22 PM
Premium Member

boo-key is known to be trustworthy and helpful boo-key is known to be trustworthy and helpful boo-key is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Garage
Crank case re-routing for PERRIN inlet hose
NOTE: Use instructions in conjunction with diagrams below to help with re-routing of 1/2” fuel hose, and bypassing of PCV diagnosis connector.
1. Remove OEM hose with PCV diagnosis connector from crank case vent fitting located on block next to throttle body.
NOTE:02-03 cars will not have the PCV diagnosis connector.
2. Install supplied 1/2” fuel hose to crank case vent fitting.
3. Cut right side valve cover vent hose (leading from cylinder head to steel crossover tube on intercooler) below retaining clip and
install 1/2” tee to bridge both ends of hose. NOTE: The 1/2” tee can be placed anywhere along the rubber hose leading all the
way up to the Inlet hose.
4. Connect 1/2” hose to open spigot on 1/2” tee installed in step 3. Make sure to route hose away from any moving parts.
(Throttle linkage on 02-05 WRX’s) Trim hose if necessary.
Above diagram showing crank case, and valve cover vent hose routing highlighted in white. Note the “Y” junction on front of
intercooler is actually hard piping, not rubber hose.Above diagram showing crank case, and valve cover vent hose routing with picture from above removed. Note the “Y” junction on
front of intercooler is actually hard piping, not rubber hose. If you have an 02-03 car, you will not see the PCV diagnosis connector,
but rather a single hose traveling from crank case vent to oem inlet hose.
Above diagram showing crank case, and valve cover vent hose after the hose routing is complete.
The above diagram shows a closeup of the crank case vent/PCV junction. Note: The OEM crank case vent hose is removed in the
picture leaving behind an open fitting. This is where 1/2” fuel hose connects in below steps.2004+ PCV Diagnosis connector bypass instructions
2004+ vehicles have an additional sensor attached to hose coming from crank case vent going to OEM inlet hose. This sensor makes a
mechanical and electrical connection telling the ECU that a PCV hose is connected and not leaking air. The PERRIN inlet hose requires
bypassing this connector. Again this is not an “active” sensor. The connector only completes a circuit.
1. Locate PCV Diagnosis connector (grey or white depending on year) on crank case vent hose removed earlier. This was
removed from crankcase vent junction located on the block next to throttle body. (see above picture)
2. Using below picture, inside PCV Diagnosis connector, find “jumper pin” and remove using needle nose pliers. This pin is
pressed lightly into the electrical side of the connector.
3. Locate harness and plug that was connected to PCV diagnosis connector, and place “jumper pin” into female pins in the
harness/plug. Use electrical tape to secure in place.
Above diagram showing “Jumper Pin” being removed from PCV diagnosis connecter and crank case vent hose

Took that from the perrin install instructions. Sorry, couldnt copy and paste the photos but they are pretty good and the whole thing can be downloaded from perrin's site.

Adair
06' wrx tr
Phatbotti tuned!
post #4 of 6 Old 08-09-2013, 08:53 PM
WRXtuners Member

psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to
I pulled my intake manifold to put mine on....made it much easier...

Resident Grumpy Old Man(Keith)
03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
post #5 of 6 Old 08-09-2013, 09:23 PM
Premium Member

Garage
^agreed

Adair
06' wrx tr
Phatbotti tuned!
post #6 of 6 Old 08-09-2013, 09:28 PM
WRXtuners Member

BLAZE2099 is known to be trustworthy and helpful BLAZE2099 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Taken or not Boo, good research to help a fella out, rep your way
boo-key likes this.

Randy-
2002 blaze WRX- sold:(
2004 Wrx-sold
2011 Wrx limited
99 Fozz- sold
Eagle eye crew