Post exhaust/UTEC install questions - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 03-14-2004, 09:12 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Narrus is an unknown
Send a message via Yahoo to Narrus
Post exhaust/UTEC install questions

Ok, did my install this weekend and here are the problems/questions I still have.

1. I put the egt sensor back in my TXS uppipe. Is this bad? Will it cause a cel?
2. I put the 02 sensor in the TXS hi flow cat. Pretty sure this will cause a cel. How long will it take and I'm guessing I should get the fix offered online?
3. installed the UTEC, and it's ABC, but no idea how to set the ABC. It has + and - on it but how many turns do I need to turn, or is this trial and error?
4. Got a screech owl sound out of the car when it was cold and I put it under heavy load. Assuming this is a leak on either the uppipe or down pipe. Guessing once the metal expands it seals, any other ideas?
5. On the downpipe (TXS) since the heat shielding didn't fit anymore (minus the turbo one after cutting off the bottom half and beating it out some more), we wrapped it in that fabric heat wrap. Sort of get a burning smell occasionally, I'm guessing it's the wrap since it's brand new?

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 03-15-2004, 12:02 AM
WRXtuners Member

Cosmo is known to be trustworthy and helpful Cosmo is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via AIM to Cosmo
1. No, it's not bad. You should be fine as long as the probe is not damaged (which is very easy to do when removing/installing it).
2. Mabye and maybe not. Probably won't happen until you get on the interstate and cruse a while at a constant speed.
3. + is more boost, - is less boost. Start about 2 turns from completely closed, and adjust accordingly.
4. Could be one of many things. Too hard to say without seeing it in person.
5. You don't need the shields or wrap. But the wrap will smell for a little while until it heats up and cools down a dozen times or so.
post #3 of 3 Old 03-15-2004, 11:53 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Narrus is an unknown
Send a message via Yahoo to Narrus
Thanks for the help. I'll definitely look into fixing the 02 sensor with all the problems Jeremy had a few monthes ago.

On the noise I did notice a very small whistle occasionally (again only when it was cold) when I let off the gas. That would be when my boost gauge reads about 24 in hg so it could possibly be on the intake side too? Ugh, lots of piping to check. That or just let the car warm up before driving.

Thanks for the assist on the ABC. I adjusted it out about 2.5 turns which seems to cap it around 16psi. I think that's about right for stage 2?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement