PLeaseeee if you know anything about workings of a subaru/warrenty read this - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 07-16-2010, 08:37 AM
WRXtuners Member

chrischilders22 is an unknown
PLeaseeee if you know anything about workings of a subaru/warrenty read this

09 subaru wrx. like 25k miles, had it one year. mods are: downpipe, rec. bov, cia, cbe, fuel pump, 3 port, and straight piped. no clue whats wrong with it but any time i get close to hitting boost it makes a horrible sound. hard to describe. like a whooshing-holding the car back kinda sound. ive checked alll the vacuum hoses and everything i can think of. checked inter cooler piping so i dont think its a leak.

question is does anyone have an idea what this may be, and with said mods do you think it would void my warranty. the only thing i cant change out is putting the cat back on the car. i can swap everything else out.

any and all answers are greatly appreciated
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 07-16-2010, 08:56 AM
WRXtuners Member

09wrxboy is an unknown
With all of those mods, your warranty is gone. I have almost as much as you do on my 09 and I called the dealer to try to fix my o2 sensor issue and they wouldn't cover it. As far as your problem, it could be a boost leak. I was also thinking that if you have a Cobb Accessport, you could plug that in and monitor your boost to see if you are even hitting any boost or anything. Are you throwing any CEL codes?
#3 Old 07-16-2010, 10:54 AM
WRXtuners Member

subyaddict is an unknown
First off. Has your been tuned for your mods?
#4 Old 07-16-2010, 10:57 AM
WRXtuners Member

chrischilders22 is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by 09wrxboy View Post
With all of those mods, your warranty is gone. I have almost as much as you do on my 09 and I called the dealer to try to fix my o2 sensor issue and they wouldn't cover it. As far as your problem, it could be a boost leak. I was also thinking that if you have a Cobb Accessport, you could plug that in and monitor your boost to see if you are even hitting any boost or anything. Are you throwing any CEL codes?
i called my tuner and he said vacuum leak also, the only thing is i checked every hose i could think off. even took the intercooler off and looked under it. everything seems connected. and no its not throwing any codes. like i said it runs like a dream, and you cant even tell anythings wrong up till it starts building boost. then it just dies out

Quote:
Originally Posted by subyaddict View Post
First off. Has your been tuned for your mods?
yes sir it tuned