peak boost too high? - Page 2 - Subaru WRX Forum
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#16 Old 11-08-2013, 08:45 AM
WRXtuners Member

NeverSummer is more helpful than not
Quote:
Originally Posted by sk8rzch View Post
You think something is wrong? The guage hits 16 psi so fast you can barely see it because it changes right away. Would would you think is wrong? Oh I forgot to mention, previous owner put a k&n air filter in the stock air box. Would that matter?
Get rid of the k n filter if your not tuned for it

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#17 Old 11-08-2013, 09:33 AM
WRXtuners Member

man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to
Sounds like a possible boost leak?

John
07 WRX (Albins 5MT + Blouch 20G)
Jorge Carrillo Tuned (365 whp/340 wtq)
#18 Old 01-14-2014, 01:21 PM
WRXtuners Member

Subiekid14 is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ8371 View Post
Quick question about boost....... I just bought a 2007 WRX and the only Mods I know of is a HKS exhaust (Just From Axle back, not full system) and a stock intake with stock filter. The issue Im seeing and Im not sure it even isa issue but Ive never had a turbo'ed car. It seems when your pushing higher RPMs Maybe between 3-5000 and genrally in 2-4 gear Ive notice that while holding the gas pedal in one postion that my boost varies up and down with no variation to the pedal. The pressure just goes up and down up and down, should it not be steady to a certain extent? Only variying when you apply more gas or less gas pedal pressure??? Please help Ive had the car a week and it concerns me. I cant find a thread pertaining to this issue, thanks in advance...
Ok haha i know your new to turbo cars so here it goes, turbos produce power off the exhaust gases that flow through it, press on the pedal a little and the gases will flow, press it to the ground and the gas will flow faster which spools it faster and faster therefore increasing boost, in a nutshell, how you press on the accelerator is what makes the engine go faster and the turbo produce more boost sorry for thread jack :/
#19 Old 01-15-2014, 11:17 AM
Premium Member

Nathan21 is an unknown
do you have a boost gauge? or an Access port?

Nathan
2011 WRX Premium
2012 Fozzy
1979 C3
Anti-BOV Gang!
#20 Old 01-15-2014, 09:04 PM
WRXtuners Member

General-Leo is more helpful than not
Quote:
Originally Posted by sk8rzch View Post
You think something is wrong? The guage hits 16 psi so fast you can barely see it because it changes right away. Would would you think is wrong? Oh I forgot to mention, previous owner put a k&n air filter in the stock air box. Would that matter?
I have a 13 wrx which in which all the stock parts are the same from what I understand (someone correct me if I am wrong please) and when I put JUST the K&N filter in it started running like crap. def replace with the stock filter until you are ready for a full intake.

sorry NeverSummer I didn't see your post until after I posted.