Subaru WRX Forum banner

Parking Brake (dash) Light Won't Turn Off After Upgrade

5K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  BLAZE2099 
#1 ·
I've probably gone thru 50 different threads trying to find a solution.

As some of you know, I recently had a seized brake caliper. I have since upgraded both fronts from the factory sliding caliper to the JDM/06-07 4 pots, replaced the rotors, installed fresh pads, and bled the fluid. Now my ebrake/parking brake light won't turn off.

Fluid was good, maxed it out, still the same. New pads, so that's not the problem. It seems unlikely the senor module would go bad from just being on jack stands for a few weeks and replacing the calipers. I have not touched the rears so I doubt it's a physical ebrake problem. However, in the past I have adjusted both the ebrake cable and the pad pressure in the rear behind the rotors.

All I'm left with is the sensor or maybe something from installing the 4 pots?

#2 ·
How is your e brake attached now? Same as oem?
It's the sensor picking it up for sure Jon, recheck connections first than go from there.
After readjusting, was there anything that could have been tampered with during your four pot install?

EDIT: I have had sensors go bad during installs, Its a shot in the dark, but if you replace it with one from Auto-zone or same of the sort. And the problem persist, just take it back. It would have cost you next to nothing and you can cross that off the list. After of course cycling power back through the system.

#3 ·
OEM. I doubt anything was tampered with. Removed the calipers. Disconnected the brake line. Removed the rotor. And everything in reverse for the install. Touched nothing else. I'll start tracing back the sensor/wires tomorrow. I ran out of daylight.

Photo for kicks and giggles. Brakes great. Pedal distance defiantly was decreased.

Alloy wheel Rim Wheel Tire Spoke

#4 ·
Ya never know man, it happens. I think its happened to me twice now. Not on the brakes, but other stupid sensors. Auto zone and the recipt can be your friend this weekend.
Hey Jon, Your close enough for this....OT , sorry..hahaha
http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/f79/hersey-park-meet-31948/
It would be cool to meet all our MODS since your all east coast anyway. Just was thinking about it earlier, thats all......................CHEERS!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.