P1153 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 06-23-2010, 07:26 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
P1153

P1153 O2 Sensor Circuit Range/Peformance High (Bank1 Sensor1). Has anyone ever had this CEL? I'm just trying to run down what the culprit is...

Kirt
378awhp/373wtq Custom Dom 3 & CBRD tuned 2006 STI.
"When in doubt...flat out" - Colin McRae
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 06-23-2010, 07:51 PM

wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to
My shop manual is for the 2002 and that code isn't listed. I have thrown o2 sensor codes similar to that and replaced the sensor with success. My car has 160K miles on it so those sensors were bound to fail eventually anyway (they basically just stop heating up). My front one took a knock during an engine pull, which probably shortened its life too. I actually found the best deal on the replacement oem sensor through Amazon.com at around $112.

Have you cleared it and it persists ? There are, of course, a series of steps to check voltages and such before resorting to changing out the sensor, but I don't have the correct procedures to pass on to you. Sorry...

BTW, Impreza Manuals | ken-gilbert.com may have your manual available online
post #3 of 3 Old 06-25-2010, 08:28 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
Thanks wagonracer. The manual has it in there and it could be a bad front 02 sensor from what the manual said...it's the front 02 and not the rear 02 sensor.

Kirt
378awhp/373wtq Custom Dom 3 & CBRD tuned 2006 STI.
"When in doubt...flat out" - Colin McRae