P0457 CEL Help. - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 08-01-2008, 06:45 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

WRX-24x is an unknown
P0457 CEL Help.

Ok, this is the first time I've posted and I've done several searches. I've searched all other problems and have not had to post anything (Teriffic site for trouble shooting), but this time I can't seem to find any correct answer so I'll ask. I have a 2002 WRX, Only mods done to the car (that I know of) are: Short Throw Shifter and a Gutted stock up-pipe. My WRX currently reads a CEL error code P0457. I've never had my vehicle running while I fuel up. I might have had the key in the ignition a couple times. Anyways, I was driving with my cruise control set at like 55 MPH and the CEL came on. I had the CEL read at Auto Zone, they reset or erased the CEL. Since then I've refueled a couple time and no CEL. Also I've tightened the gas cap past 20 clicks every time i refuel. So here's the problem, I was driving on an interstate at about 70 MPH with the cruise control set again and sure enough. CEL with error code P0457. Why does this keep coming on or what would be the next step for correcting this problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated. (I didn't notice if the cruise light was blinking or not either time or if this CEL had anything to do with the cruise control, becuase that's the only time it comes on.) *** I don't smell any gas fumes and my gas milage is ALOT worse. Even though I have switched from snow tires to summer tires.***
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 08-01-2008, 07:30 AM
WRXtuners Member

Longshot is a helpful contributing member
Send a message via AIM to Longshot
P0457 - NASIOC

This thread has a lot of good info to diagnose your problem.

Mike
DTRacing Tuned
post #3 of 3 Old 08-09-2008, 03:22 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

WRX-24x is an unknown
Thank you for that thread.