P0171 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 11-05-2009, 08:54 PM
WRXtuners Member

goodboyWRX is an unknown
P0171

Hey guys, about once a week now if I let my car idle for a few minutes it'll sputter for a second and almost stall and then return to normal but throw a code- P0171 system too lean (Bank 1). After researching a little I think I'm going to try new plugs, just wanted to see what you all thought. I haven't done anything recently to the car that would affect it really. All I have done is a TBE, Cobb SF intake, and an AP running the OTS stage 2 map. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 11-05-2009, 09:12 PM
WRXtuners Member

allvolwrx is more helpful than not
It could be but not limited to MAF, ignition problem, vaccum leak, injector problem, or o2 sensor. I would start with the most simple thing like the vaccum lines. Go through the whole engine bay carefully and make sure they arent broke, loose, or cracked. Then start checking yhe other things.
#3 Old 11-06-2009, 09:40 AM
WRXtuners Member

RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodboyWRX View Post
All I have done is a TBE, Cobb SF intake, and an AP running the OTS stage 2 map. Thanks.
That's your problem... You're running the COBB Stage II map with a cold air intake if I read that correctly. The OTS stage II from COBB says just a TBE, an intake will cause it to run too lean. Unless you have a map that takes the intake into account I would put the stocker back on and see if that fixes it, then get a map that works with the intake.

-Chris
#4 Old 11-06-2009, 11:35 AM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
Quote:
Originally Posted by RcrsWetDream View Post
That's your problem... You're running the COBB Stage II map with a cold air intake if I read that correctly. The OTS stage II from COBB says just a TBE, an intake will cause it to run too lean. Unless you have a map that takes the intake into account I would put the stocker back on and see if that fixes it, then get a map that works with the intake.
Not true. He says he is running the Cobb intake. Which is just like stock. Same ID, everything, just able to hear the intake and turbo noise more. If you email and ask Cobb about this, they will tell you its fine also (I know this because I contacted them before installing it). When I was tuned with my 20G my tuner treated the Cobb intake as if it were stock. And I ran the Cobb TBE, Cobb SF intake, and the AP OTS stage 2 map for just over a year with no issues.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#5 Old 11-06-2009, 11:46 AM
WRXtuners Member

RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Good to know... Thanks for the correction

-Chris
#6 Old 11-06-2009, 11:50 AM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
No problem. Im just putting that out there so people know. I have been through some of this before. And I try and do the best research on my own before asking. Just putting out what I know in hopes it will help others.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"