p0139 on completely stock 04 wrx - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 01-12-2010, 02:43 AM
WRXtuners Member

04_rex_wag is an unknown
p0139 on completely stock 04 wrx

I have read all the threads about all the notorious codes, but I have a completely stock 04 wrx wagon. No catless downpipe, no catback, no intake. I have replaced the O2 sensor and p0139 still comes back. Now it only comes on every once in a while. But when it does, it will stay on for a day or more and then go dormant for a few days. I could just ignore it if it does no harm or doesn't rob power. Any thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 01-19-2010, 03:09 PM
WRXtuners Member

busadave is an unknown
hEY 04 REX,THERE IS A SUBARU REPROGRAM FOR P0139 DUE TO SPARK KNOCK,MAYBE YOU HAVE A FUEL QUALITY ISSUE OR TOO LOW A OCTANE...THE SPARK KNOCK MAY NOT BE HEARD BUT THE ECU IS CATCHING IT.I SUGGEST A REPROGRAM AND DOUBLE CK FOR ANY VACUUM LEAKS THAT COULD LET FRESH AIR IN AND SLOW THE RESPONSE OF THE REAR O2 FROM RICH TO LEAN OR VICE VERSA.GOOD LUCK!
#3 Old 01-20-2010, 12:24 AM
WRXtuners Member

04_rex_wag is an unknown
p0139

So to do this, do I have to go get it tuned or is it a dealership issue? I run 92 octane all the time and use additives every once in a while. And a vacuum leak is possible. I noticed shortly after I bought the car I found a short piece of vacuum hose just sitting in the engine compartment, and on the end of it there was a (pistol) reducer. I didn't know what it was for but it wasn't connected to anything and it didn't seem to affect anything.