overboost - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 07-01-2003, 07:14 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Howudoon is an unknown
overboost

I just installed all my upgrades, which are:Walbro fuel pump/sti injectors/Turboxs fmic/Turboxs UTEC/Turboxs shorty intake/up-pipe/HKS down-pipe/Greddy EVO cat-back/APS sr30 turbo. I installed the base maps found on the Turboxs website. The only real difference I can see is, they design their stage 4 base map using a IHI VF30/34 turbocharger. If you put my APS turbo and a VF34 side by side, the APS has a much bigger compressor and housing. I'm having a problem with overboosting and fuel being cut. When installing the UTEC, you must also install the provided ABC. I'm told it works like a "pop-up turkey timer" to bleed off excess boost. Whether the screw on the ABC is all the way in or all the way out, it still overboosts. I just wanted to know if anyone else has had a similar problem and how to fix it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 07-01-2003, 07:26 PM
WRXtuners Member

Kobiyashi is more helpful than not
You need to manually control the boost. Install the ABC, switch to a closed loop boost, start at 100 through 1000rpm-4000rpm, then turn the abc up until the desired boost is reached. If your ABC is always closed and you are still over boosting (don't see how at 100) start at 30 on your UTEC Boost Control Map, then work the ABC up. If you need detailed intructions, as always, my phone number is in my profile.

-kobi

p.s. If you would be willing to meet halfway, I could do an entire tune up on your UTEC to get you max gain, if you have an EGT probe installed.

-kobi

-kobi