OBD II code question - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 01-03-2012, 02:15 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

pdelosa is an unknown
OBD II code question

I am about to sell my car. I had it on craigslist for about a week and have 7 people wanting to see it. Then yesterday the CEL came on. I had the codes pulled and I got the following...

P2444
P0242
P0244

the last two I am most concerned about. 0244 says that the waste gate isn't operating properly and 0242 says the input voltage for the boost pressure sensor B is too high for current engine operating conditions.

I want to start looking for the cause but I don't really know where to start. I talked to a subaru tech and was told that it's most likely a vaccuum or electrical issue. I'm thinking electrical since the one code specifically says input volts too high. I have the ability to test for electrical problems, but I don't know what to test or what the correct voltages would be.

I'd love to hear any input anyone has. Anybody had similar issues? The car is an 06 wrx tr turbo back exhaust and K&N intake. Otherwise bone stock except the suspension which I don't think will effect the boost.

Thanks!
Pete
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 01-03-2012, 03:27 PM
WRXtuners Member

man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to
I suspect your aftermarket downpipe and lack of engine management is your problem. If you were driving in a spirited manner when the CEL came on, it's possible you momentarily overboosted. The cheapest fix for you since you're trying to get rid of the car would be to unplug your battery long enough for your ECU to reset and try not to drive it hard until it sells. Most "Stage 2" maps are designed to regulate everything properly once you upgrade to a higher flowing exhaust and they either block or prevent such CELs from occurring. It probably wouldn't be a bad idea to get rid of the K&N intake and put the stock one back on if you can as that could also be contributing to your issue.

John
07 WRX
post #3 of 4 Old 01-03-2012, 03:31 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

pdelosa is an unknown
I've had the same setup on the car for at least 4 years and have driven the S**t out of it on a regular basis with no problems. Yesterday I drove the car about 40 minutes in a rather mild fashion then parked it for a few hours. When I started it again the light was on. I drove it home easy and then took it to autozone to get the codes later. I don't have the stock intake any more but I do have the stock exhaust. I was thinking of putting the catted down pipe back in as a quick fix.
post #4 of 4 Old 01-04-2012, 06:52 AM
WRXtuners Member

pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
That isn't a quick fix. Just get it tuned or get EM.

Paul
2002 WRX Sold
2007 WRX Sold
2007 STi totaled
2007 Foz XT sold
2007 MS3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement