Subaru WRX Forum banner

Is this normal?

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Tut4u2 
#1 ·
I just did my first oil change since owning my rex and I noticed some oil on my tranny...well actually it was covered on the bottom with a thin coat of oil. Is this a normal occurrence on the rex or do I need to get it checked out? The car has 22k on it. Thanks:confused:

#3 ·
look closely at it...is it oil, or just a sticky-oil like stuff? these cars (and most all of them) have a coating underneith the car to prevent rust on shipping.......and it is just like oil. look for anysigns of oil leaking, but it is probly just the shipping cosmoline.......if you do have a leak.......get it fixed

JOEY

#6 ·
When my car is cold my clutch and gear box dont feel as good as when I have driven the car around for like 5 mins. Its better once the car is warmed up. And to solve the shuddering just give it some more gas and it should stop. Or maybe or clutch was changed like mine (with out the previous owner telling you :mad: ) and it just needs to be froken in.

Ch3

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.