No power..WTF! - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 04-02-2011, 07:40 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

doctorjf21 is an unknown
No power..WTF!

Please help me out! While replacing a headlight bulb, I noticed some massive corrosion on the positive terminal of the battery. I removed and replaced the positive lead and now have NO power to the entire car...no lights, alarm, dash, etc. The battery is putting out 12.5v and the ground is solid. I tried jumping the car and nothing, not even a dim from the lights or dash. I also tried resetting the ECU, but nothing. Anybody have suggestions??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 04-02-2011, 08:02 PM
WRXtuners Member

basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to basco Send a message via MSN to basco
you replaced the main positive lead? or just the terminal?

FP GT35R MoTeC M800 AndrewTech PPG'd Wagon - 513AWHP
06 Mazdaspeed6 280/330
- Matt
post #3 of 7 Old 04-02-2011, 08:07 PM
WRXtuners Member

BLAZE2099 is known to be trustworthy and helpful BLAZE2099 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
replaced your lead?
once again disconnect, wire brush and reconnect and see what happens. It almost has to be your connection. I dont see how the problem could be any further than where you were working. And if you only fooled with the headlights than the battery connection almost has to be where your problem lies.

Randy-
2002 blaze WRX- sold:(
2004 Wrx-sold
2011 Wrx limited
99 Fozz- sold
Eagle eye crew
post #4 of 7 Old 04-02-2011, 09:32 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

doctorjf21 is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by basco View Post
you replaced the main positive lead? or just the terminal?
Just the terminal. Wire brushed everything and rechecked ALL fuses...still nothing. Could it possible be an alarm issue, maybe a lock out or something?
post #5 of 7 Old 04-03-2011, 01:04 PM

wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to
Yep, I would suspect your alarm. On the older subies, if you disconnect the battery it puts the alarm in "stupid mode". You have to reset it to get power back, however I've never experienced that on any of the many WRX's I've worked on.

Two ways of resetting: reconnect the battery with key on, or find the reset button under the dash, hold it for three seconds with key on. It's about two inches long and connected to two brown wires.

With all that said, I'm not so sure that's the problem because when the alarm needs to be reset, either your parking lights or the alarm indicator on the dash flashes. You didn't mention anything flashing. Hmmmm.....
post #6 of 7 Old 04-03-2011, 01:17 PM
WRXtuners Member

basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to basco Send a message via MSN to basco
Wagon, also when the alarm is in stupid mode doesn't the interior light work?

FP GT35R MoTeC M800 AndrewTech PPG'd Wagon - 513AWHP
06 Mazdaspeed6 280/330
- Matt
post #7 of 7 Old 04-03-2011, 01:29 PM

wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to
I don't remember. I guess I've always helped people with that during the day It's also usually people who don't have their fob anymore. I think you can reset it with that too, but I've never had it happen at all on a WRX.

Just taking a wild swing at the OP's problem
Sponsored Links
Advertisement