No boost until i reset my ecu - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 07-18-2011, 04:35 PM
WRXtuners Member

butterscotch is an unknown
No boost until i reset my ecu

I have an 06 wrx 72k miles lightly modded, hks bov (previous owner) and hks hipower exhaust. So within the past couple of months I will not get any boost then reset the ecu and it will run like a champ then another 2 and half weeks go by and samething I reset the ecu and we are back in boost. I have done this about 4-5 times. I get no CELs beforehand nothing out of the ordinary happens before there is no boost. Any idea on why resetting the Ecu constantly is letting the turbo spin again and more importantly how the hell can I fix this.
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 07-18-2011, 05:40 PM
WRXtuners Member

psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to
Quote:
Originally Posted by butterscotch View Post
I have an 06 wrx 72k miles lightly modded, hks bov (previous owner) and hks hipower exhaust. So within the past couple of months I will not get any boost then reset the ecu and it will run like a champ then another 2 and half weeks go by and samething I reset the ecu and we are back in boost. I have done this about 4-5 times. I get no CELs beforehand nothing out of the ordinary happens before there is no boost. Any idea on why resetting the Ecu constantly is letting the turbo spin again and more importantly how the hell can I fix this.
Thanks
The ECU is learning the car, each time you reset it it has to re-learn it. That's why it works like it does getting back into boost. You have a exhaust is it a full turbo back or just a cat back? Do you have it tuned for these mods? If not that is why the ECU is keeping boost down more than likely to avoid a lean condition, it is running rich and retarding the timing...That's just a guess from what you have described.

Resident Grumpy Old Man(Keith)
03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#3 Old 07-18-2011, 07:16 PM
WRXtuners Member

butterscotch is an unknown
It is just a cat-back from what i have read i didnt think it needed to be tuned really until you get a down pipe. So no it isnt not tuned for whats currently on the car though I want to just pick up a stock bpv to get rid of the bov.
#4 Old 07-18-2011, 10:45 PM
WRXtuners Member

psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to
Do a compression test and tell me what the cylinder pressures are. The ECU is seeing a need to put the car in safe mode.

Resident Grumpy Old Man(Keith)
03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...