new grinding in tranny - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 04-16-2006, 10:40 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

dizcret is an unknown
new grinding in tranny

I just replaced the clutch (spec stage 1) and the flywheel (act street light 13.9 lb) the first time I pulled everything and replaced the clutch, flywheel. throwout bearing and pilot bearing, and filled it up with mobil 1 75w 90 full synthetic. I have had that oil in it since I bought the car 9k ago. and the car locked itself in 2nd gear after the install. so we pulled the tranny and took it apart (just the tail section) and got it to unlock. We put it back in the car thinking the problem was fixed I drove it 12 miles, and the same problem stuck in second. I pulled it out and took it to a subaru tech... the shift fork for 1st and 2nd was broke, it was replaced and the tranny was reinstalled. I drove it easy for 350 miles to break in the clutch but after 200 miles or so it makes a grinding noise only when I decellerate and it stops as soon as I press the clutch in. I only notice in when deaceralition fairly loud on the passenger side the subaru tech thought it was the driveshaft being misaligned so we fixed that and it still does it any help would be great I cant put my finger on it

You spend 80% of driving time in trafic and 60% at red lights, how fast can you get to the next one!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 04-17-2006, 03:14 AM
WRXtuners Member

joker97 is an unknown
oh dear ...
post #3 of 3 Old 04-17-2006, 03:19 AM
WRXtuners Member

dmitri is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizcret
I just replaced the clutch (spec stage 1) and the flywheel (act street light 13.9 lb) the first time I pulled everything and replaced the clutch, flywheel. throwout bearing and pilot bearing, and filled it up with mobil 1 75w 90 full synthetic. I have had that oil in it since I bought the car 9k ago. and the car locked itself in 2nd gear after the install. so we pulled the tranny and took it apart (just the tail section) and got it to unlock. We put it back in the car thinking the problem was fixed I drove it 12 miles, and the same problem stuck in second. I pulled it out and took it to a subaru tech... the shift fork for 1st and 2nd was broke, it was replaced and the tranny was reinstalled. I drove it easy for 350 miles to break in the clutch but after 200 miles or so it makes a grinding noise only when I decellerate and it stops as soon as I press the clutch in. I only notice in when deaceralition fairly loud on the passenger side the subaru tech thought it was the driveshaft being misaligned so we fixed that and it still does it any help would be great I cant put my finger on it
I'm not exactly sure what 'subaru tech' means, but doesn't that mean they're responsible for the work? It sounds like your trans wasn't rebuilt correctly.. did you replace any bearings? Was everything disasembled/cleaned/lubed/assembled?

-dp