My09 Wrx Sedan CEL is tossing codes - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 05-15-2011, 01:49 AM
WRXtuners Member

Nysher is an unknown
My09 Wrx Sedan CEL is tossing codes

If i could get some help with this issue it would be great thanks! also would be nice to know if it is "safe" to drive it around atm

So what happened was one morning going to work i started the car and heard a slightly louder than normal "boxer" sound i guess you could call it normal im not sure if this is normal or not does it sometimes when the engine is cold, as i started it the Check engine light, VCD light [ thats the car that has lines though it ] where on and stayed on and the curise controll light was flashing.

So i took it to a shop [ drove it to the shop ] and got the codes pulled and reset

Code 1 C0057 VCD control interruption because of engine insturctions [ I dont know if im right but i belive Yaw rate sensor would have disabled this ]
Code 2 C0072 Yaw Rate Sensor -254 Communication

The mechanic said it was an eronious error and reset it, we started the car nothing and it was all fine i had lunch with the miss's and did some stuff and the very next morning exactly the same thing happened the same way on the start sounding louder than normal for about 4 seconds then all is fine.

im not sure if i should be driveing this around or start the $1000 dollar guessing game for what has gone wrong?

I love my rex aye any help would be good thanks.!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 05-16-2011, 09:33 AM
WRXtuners Member

man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to
Is the car completely stock?

Did you install any mods recently?

John
07 WRX