Modded 02 WRX whole slew of problems! PLEASE HELP - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 03-02-2012, 08:12 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

higgins02wrx is an unknown
Modded 02 WRX whole slew of problems! PLEASE HELP

So i just bought this car a couple weeks ago. It has a 96 legacy gt 2.2l block swap, wrx internals, bigger head gaskets, machined heads, modded E85 injectors, big top mount intercooler, short ram intake, invidia up-pipe, custom 3 in catless exhaust, and possibly something im forgetting at the moment. So I bought the car and it ran alright but the oil pan was leaking real bad so before I even had a chance to get it on the road I pulled the engine out and replaced the pan, pickup tube, and bolts. Put it all back together and has been running like sh**!! Running very rich, not making any boost at all, pulls vacuum at like 15 psi, when you engage clutch it idles at 2500 rpms (drops when in gear),engine light came on and dropped to point of almost stalling, jerks back and forth like crazy in first gear. Its not even driveable anymore. My first thought was a boost leak so I pulled off the intercooler again and instead of rtv on bov I bought gasket making material out of a dense paper-like material (air-tight). Tightened everything down more, replaced air filter which was very dirty, and checked for any split hoses. Fired her back up and its the same as before!! Left car idling and listened for leaks and it sounds like a whirring sound is coming from over by where the turbo is but everythings secure and tight from what I can tell. What can it be?? Any help/advice would be much appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 03-02-2012, 08:25 PM
WRXtuners Member

pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Slow down a bit...... You sound pissed

You bought a modded POS (not being a jerk)
Was it giving you boost before the engine pull ?
What CEL's did you get?

Paul
2002 WRX Sold
2007 WRX Sold
2007 STi totaled
2007 Foz XT sold
2007 MS3