Missing factory connector / resistor mod - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 10-17-2012, 08:27 AM
WRXtuners Member

mgilorma is an unknown
Missing factory connector / resistor mod

Just got my wrx a few weeks ago and just found this connector on the passenger side with a resistor shoved in it. There are two wires with pins on them that look like they are missing the factory connector that I assume plug into this connector. It looks like the wires are coming off the turbo?

Does anybody have any idea what the part number might be for a new connector? I can only assume that the resistor was put in to stop the car from throwing codes.
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 10-17-2012, 10:58 AM
WRXtuners Member

rex2002 is known to be trustworthy and helpful rex2002 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via AIM to rex2002 Send a message via Skype™ to rex2002
that plugs up to the egt sensor. looks like the other owner upgraded some parts and did not use the egt sensor. i to did the same with my setup. was the car tuned. if you take the resistors out you may throw a code and the car is not tuned for it. there made to trick the system. http://carphotos.cardomain.com/ride_...0015_large.jpg that link is a picture of the egt sensor
#3 Old 10-17-2012, 11:10 AM
WRXtuners Member

mgilorma is an unknown
The car looks bone stock, no aftermarket parts except a drop in k&n filter. I am trying to get this car to 100% factory and running well before I start throwing some aftermarket parts at it. I had the car checked out at a dealership before I bought it, they said it was in good shape and didn't throw any codes.

I am thinking about just plugging the pins into the socket temporarily until I can get the right housing. Does it matter which pin goes where?
#4 Old 10-17-2012, 11:23 AM
WRXtuners Member

rex2002 is known to be trustworthy and helpful rex2002 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
if your not throwing any codes just leave it alone till you get the right connector. b/c it looks like you may have a universal egt sensor b/c the two probes looking things aren't normal. hopefully someone else will confirm what im saying,b/c ive never messed with universal parts
#5 Old 10-17-2012, 03:06 PM
WRXtuners Member

psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to
Just leave it until you get some form of EM.

Resident Grumpy Old Man(Keith)
03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#6 Old 10-17-2012, 03:31 PM
WRXtuners Member

mgilorma is an unknown
EM??

Does anybody have a good resource for finding factory parts like the connector I am missing? I could always go to the dealership but would prefer to buy online if possible.
#7 Old 10-17-2012, 05:40 PM
WRXtuners Member

psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgilorma View Post
EM??

Does anybody have a good resource for finding factory parts like the connector I am missing? I could always go to the dealership but would prefer to buy online if possible.
Engine Management. That connector is part of the wiring harness and not sold as a separate piece. You'll be fine trust me on that.

03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#8 Old 10-18-2012, 01:55 AM
WRXtuners Member

if he gets a stock egt probe it should have the right connector to plug up into whats already there
#9 Old 10-18-2012, 05:51 AM
WRXtuners Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rex2002 View Post
if he gets a stock egt probe it should have the right connector to plug up into whats already there
True, but why waste the money on a part that isn't worth it.

03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#10 Old 11-18-2012, 08:34 AM
WRXtuners Member

BLUWRXWGN is an unknown
Its a 3.3 ohm resistor for the egt removal mod. I did this because my car egt was burnt off throwing a code. Leave it its not needed

Sent from my GT-P7510 using AutoGuide.Com Free App