Subaru WRX Forum banner

Missing factory connector / resistor mod

4K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  BLUWRXWGN 
#1 ·
Just got my wrx a few weeks ago and just found this connector on the passenger side with a resistor shoved in it. There are two wires with pins on them that look like they are missing the factory connector that I assume plug into this connector. It looks like the wires are coming off the turbo?

Does anybody have any idea what the part number might be for a new connector? I can only assume that the resistor was put in to stop the car from throwing codes.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
that plugs up to the egt sensor. looks like the other owner upgraded some parts and did not use the egt sensor. i to did the same with my setup. was the car tuned. if you take the resistors out you may throw a code and the car is not tuned for it. there made to trick the system. http://carphotos.cardomain.com/ride_images/1/2154/2501/5383750015_large.jpg that link is a picture of the egt sensor

#3 ·
The car looks bone stock, no aftermarket parts except a drop in k&n filter. I am trying to get this car to 100% factory and running well before I start throwing some aftermarket parts at it. I had the car checked out at a dealership before I bought it, they said it was in good shape and didn't throw any codes.

I am thinking about just plugging the pins into the socket temporarily until I can get the right housing. Does it matter which pin goes where?

#4 ·
if your not throwing any codes just leave it alone till you get the right connector. b/c it looks like you may have a universal egt sensor b/c the two probes looking things aren't normal. hopefully someone else will confirm what im saying,b/c ive never messed with universal parts

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.