Subaru WRX Forum banner

MISS fire ..HELP PLEASE

33K views 58 replies 18 participants last post by  AllExtinct 
#1 · (Edited)
EDIT : go to last page for the lastest info :)

What NOT to put on your
2006 wrx TR
MOD LIST:

TBE
Big 16g
MBC
Apexi SAFC........................Just took it off
HKS fuel cut defensor..........Just took it off
Grounding mod
FMIC w/ CAI
BOV

OK this is what happened....

All of these mods have been installed for a few months WITH no problems at all

and all of a sudden last week it started to run like crap when takeing off from a dead stop would studder and barly move....BUT if i reved the motor first and kept a higher steady RPM it would take off FINE ......THEN it seemed like if I TURNED OFF the AC that it would work good........

THEn it started to get worse...even with the AC off it still studdered ....and now no matter what i do IT does it all the time ...I can get it to higher rpms when moveing and it gets a LITTLE better but sounds/ feels like it may only be running on 3 cyl's

AND the whole time I hae been throwing a ( MISS FIRE CODE) P 304
I reset the ECU and it doesnt REALLY seem to help.. the CEL will come back on in a few miles.....but it doesnt come RIGHT back on....

I was thinking it might be a fouled plug ### i have it tuned RICH at high rpms/boost and the BOV makes it run REALL rich in between Shifts.......

I have read on here and seems like people have been haveing problems with the SAFC ( is that right away or did it take a while to happen ????)

ANYWAYS please help out guys ...thats alot!!!!!

EDIT :

i pulled 2 of the spark plugs ( the easy ones on the pass. side).
and thay both look the same ...thay look fine ..good really ..THEY ARE red or orange ( thats good right? )
?????????????
it looks like thay would spark fine!

so now I am scared!!!!!!!!

AND the CEL code is P304....I am not sure about the 2006 wrx ..but i think thats the #4 cyl .....RIGHT???? and if so ..is the #4 in the back on the Driver side?

ALSO ....Does anyone know what the WHITE wire on the Throtle bodydoes ( where the big clip plugs in on the throttle body) .. its right next to the Turbo ....### when I put mu FMIC pipe on it rubed up again it and cut into it ..and was ( KINNA ) shorting out ...but it dodnt mak any difference...I didnt notice for a week or so when I took the pipe off . and then I fixed it so it wasnt touching anything any more...... WHAT DOES THE WIRE CONTROLL.....i AM HOPEING THAT I DIDNT MESS MY ECU UP WITH THAT ( i doubt i did ..but ..I am still scared )

See less See more
#57 ·
i have an 03 wrx and i recently installed a invidia v3 catless down pipe and a SPT cold air intake. i have not yet got a tune yet. I started my car today and it started then died instantly and did it for about 3 times and then it started up and ran. What could be the problem??? Please help

#59 ·
Catless downpipe needs some kind of EM.
You might have damaged the 02 sensor when swapping your DP, not having a cat on your car when your ECU thinks one is there might be farting things up as well.
+1 on make your own thread.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.