malfunction indicator lamp wont go off - Subaru WRX Forum
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 03-30-2004, 09:21 AM
WRXtuners Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Europe
Posts: 2
scuby is an unknown
malfunction indicator lamp wont go off

On my Impreza 2002 I removed both catalitic converters. Instead of them I put a pipe and put back the oxygen sensor. After a few kilometers, the engine malfunction indicator lamp went on and does not want to go off anymore, even if I disconnect the battery. I also noticed the WOOSH sound is louder than before. Can anybody help to switch MIL off ? Thanks!Cry!
scuby is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
#2 Old 03-30-2004, 09:45 AM
WRXtuners Member
 
Cosmo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Virginia
Posts: 4,591
Images: 15
Cosmo is known to be trustworthy and helpful Cosmo is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via AIM to Cosmo
You need to get a resistor for the O2 sensor. Not sure where to find one in Europe, but you can check at www.ponyexpressperformance.com and see if they will ship there.
Cosmo is offline  
#3 Old 03-30-2004, 02:12 PM
WRXtuners Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Europe
Posts: 2
scuby is an unknown
Thanks Cosmo for your help
scuby is offline  
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On