Subaru WRX Forum banner

Low idle after I/C removal

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  DigDug 
#1 ·
Hi guys.

I have an '05 Impreza WRX and had to swop out the starter. Obviously I had to remove the I/C to get in there and after I put everything together, took it for a test ride. All seemed fine until I came to a complete stop only to find the idling to be very low, almost stalling.

When I got home I checked that the clamps were tight and started her up again. The idle was a little low to start off with and then seemed to level out at normal idle after a few blips on the throttle. I'll have to check tomorrow on the way to work.

Any ideas why I would have this problem after the I/C removal?

#2 ·
Did you disconnect your battery while you were working on the car? If so, your ECU might have been reset and it might have to relearn a few parameters before it functions completely normally again. I had similar symptoms right after I cleaned/oiled my air filter and reset my ECU with my Cobb AP, except my car actually stalled when it sat there idling unless I gave it a little gas. After driving it for a couple of minutes though, everything went back to normal. Try giving it a day or so and see what happens.

#3 ·
It could be what John said...if you disconnected the battery, The ECU will have to relearn the realtime map parameters. It'll fix its self after a couple minutes or some driving.

#4 ·
The battery was disconnected for a whole day while I was busy. I took it for a short drive yesterday so when I get back from work today I'll go for another drive. Hopefully it will steady out otherwise I'll be pulling the I/C off again to double check the pipes and clamps. Decided not to drive her to work today.

On another note I really want to get rid of the BOV that's on the car now. Is the Perrin recirculating valve worth the $$?

Thanks for the help guys.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.