Subaru WRX Forum banner

Loss of power. ### help

2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  jimbo058 
#1 ·
I got an oil change the other day and now I feel like I'm not getting any power to the wheels. I feel like it could be one of two things. 1. I cleaned my airfilter with the K&N recharger kit. I feel like I might have used a little too much of the oil but it was dry when I put it back on. And 2. I used a mazda oil filter since I work at a Mazda dealership. I used the conversion to find the right filter. It matched up on the bottom but it is longer than the subaru filter. Could either of these things have anything to do with the fact that when I step on it I don't feel any pull? It just sounds like my engine is making noise and no power is going to the wheels. 2011 Subaru wrx Cobb AF and Invidia catless turboback. Protuned 305HP & 355 TQ.

#6 ·
Filter can be changed without draining the oil, although the level may have to be topped up afterwards.

My mechanic says Subaru and Mazda share a filter on some applications so he'd leave it if it the gasket size is the same and it's not leaking now, but this type of uncertainty doesn't give you peace of mind.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.