#16 Old 12-02-2008, 05:28 PM
WRXtuners Member

SuBeast is on thin ice
Garage
Send a message via AIM to SuBeast
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboRyan View Post
I have the stock bypass valve stashed away some where at my parents house,
If you didn't install the BOV, than why do you have a stock BPV? :eek::eek: Just messing. Are the bolts on the BOV even tightened all the way? Also, do you have a TMIC or a FMIC. It could be that the previous owner didn't tighten it enough or has the wrong adaptor flange. The stock flange as far as i'm concerned doesn't fit the stock WRX's flange. I've got a Turbo XS BOV sitting in my garage and the way it tightens onto the intake piping doesn't seem like a very reliable method....

FAST
RELIABLE
CHEAP
Pick 2
2006 STi
1990 Civic time-attack project
1990 Toyota Hilux - daily
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#17 Old 12-04-2008, 10:17 PM
WRXtuners Member

TurboRyan is an unknown
So i just tried adjusting the BOV with some washers, the only thing it did was change the sound it makes and made the idle kinda weird. I don't see how a BOV could cause me to only run 5-7psi and make it cut out like it does. I'm not sure where i should look next, i feel like i have replaced almost every thing but the engine!
I still have the stock TMIC, I took the BOV all the way off, took it apart and put it back on with out any positive results....
#18 Old 12-05-2008, 12:16 AM
WRXtuners Member

laruffa is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to laruffa
Please put the stock BPV on !!!
#19 Old 12-05-2008, 10:09 AM
WRXtuners Member

TurboRyan is an unknown
Would a BOV cause this kinda problem? Also if i put the stock bpv in where do i attach my boost gauge line? Its currently running off my BOV.....
#20 Old 12-05-2008, 12:03 PM
WRXtuners Member

SuBeast is on thin ice
Garage
Send a message via AIM to SuBeast
Quote:
Would a BOV cause this kinda problem? Also if i put the stock bpv in where do i attach my boost gauge line? Its currently running off my BOV.....
a T fitting on a vacuum/boost line.

FAST
RELIABLE
CHEAP
Pick 2
2006 STi
1990 Civic time-attack project
1990 Toyota Hilux - daily
#21 Old 12-05-2008, 12:10 PM
WRXtuners Member

adizzle02 is an unknown
i had a similar problem on my 02 with only building about 7psi and it turned out to be my BCS although i had stock turbo and bpv.

Stage 2
#22 Old 12-05-2008, 12:36 PM
WRXtuners Member

TurboRyan is an unknown
So would putting a MBC fix that??
#23 Old 12-05-2008, 03:03 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
No, dont do that at all. Look into a 3 port BCS to replace the stock unit. The stock is only a 2 port and not really that great. You will however need a tune directly following the install of a BCS.

CobbTuning.com - How Subaru’s Factory Boost Control System Works

Sorry to steal from you Turmic (but its only fair, lol). But this article describes the stock system and info about it. Good, helpful info.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#24 Old 12-05-2008, 03:35 PM
WRXtuners Member

TurboRyan is an unknown
Would it be a good idea for me to get a pdx e-tune right now? I'm thinking that may fix my problems, but i'm not sure. So would it be worth my $150 to get the pdx e-tune OR should i try and fix my boost problem then get the e-tune? (I can't get dyno tuned at this time, its to far to drive and to expensive for my budget..)
#25 Old 12-05-2008, 08:12 PM
WRXtuners Member

WRX_Fan_0717 is an unknown
Quote:
So would putting a MBC fix that??
Don't ever say that again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtothegame View Post
No, dont do that at all. Look into a 3 port BCS to replace the stock unit. The stock is only a 2 port and not really that great. You will however need a tune directly following the install of a BCS.
Concur, get a GM BCS and make sure not to install it until after you get a map for it loaded. You will overboost like crazy. Also, with a 3 port you can throw away your stupid restrictor pill.
I would honestly get about 6 ft of rubber vacuum hosing from Advanced or somewhere are re-do everything. Might be a pin hole leak from age/dry-rotted or something.

Quote:
Would it be a good idea for me to get a pdx e-tune right now? I'm thinking that may fix my problems, but i'm not sure. So would it be worth my $150 to get the pdx e-tune OR should i try and fix my boost problem then get the e-tune? (I can't get dyno tuned at this time, its to far to drive and to expensive for my budget..)
Do you have any CEL? You might be in limp mode if you do.
Will explain the boost issue.

Meth'd, EWG'd, Str8 Cut PPG'd, 20G'd Bug-i, 354awhp and 315tq SAE 5 Corrected 50/50 meth @ 19-20psi.
#26 Old 12-05-2008, 11:36 PM
WRXtuners Member

TurboRyan is an unknown
Last saturday i replaced all the vacuum lines along with the stupid restrictor pill... Unfortunatly no CEL's (probably because of the AP tuner.) Tomorrow i plan on replacing the fuel filter and checking my spark plugs... Hope fully that will at least help a little. I'm thinking i will get a PDX e-tune next week...
#27 Old 12-07-2008, 09:03 PM
WRXtuners Member

WRX_Fan_0717 is an unknown
Quote:
Last saturday i replaced all the vacuum lines along with the stupid restrictor pill... Unfortunatly no CEL's (probably because of the AP tuner.) Tomorrow i plan on replacing the fuel filter and checking my spark plugs... Hope fully that will at least help a little. I'm thinking i will get a PDX e-tune next week...

Wait wait wait. You need the restrictor pill. The only time you don't need it is when the GMBCS goes on.

Hmmm, oh well. Make sure you specify a map for a aftermarket 3 port.

Meth'd, EWG'd, Str8 Cut PPG'd, 20G'd Bug-i, 354awhp and 315tq SAE 5 Corrected 50/50 meth @ 19-20psi.
#28 Old 12-08-2008, 11:23 AM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
Dang it, i go to work and don't check the forums for a bit and newtothegame steals my links. LOL....it's cool.

I think he replaced the pill and that he didn't eliminate it. If you read his post correctly.
#29 Old 12-08-2008, 12:51 PM
WRXtuners Member

TurboRyan is an unknown
As of today i have replaced the fuel filter, changed spark plugs and switched to the FP16g normal map. The car is definatly doing a little better, it idles perfect and builds boost (not sure how much, i'm still not willing to go WOT) I have a PDX e-tune on order so when that comes in i hope all my problems will be solved!