Knock sensor bank 1 code - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 02-09-2011, 01:50 PM
WRXtuners Member

gangster is an unknown
Knock sensor bank 1 code

Recently my car is throwing a cel and is popping up p0328. Knock sensor high input bank 1. Recently when working on my power steering pump we re routed the harness that goes to my injectors on the passenger side. I think we may have tugged on the wires and damaged something. Does this code relate to that? Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 02-09-2011, 02:18 PM
WRXtuners Member

pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Many ppl have had this same issue. Because the wiring for the PS pump and knock sensor are together. Recheck your wiring, mainly the wiring harness for a pulled/stressed wire.

Paul
2007 XT
2007 MS3
#3 Old 02-09-2011, 07:02 PM

wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to
Yes, check for stressed wires, but the knock sensor lead actually comes off the harness more towards the throttle body (TPS, IACV etc.). If the harness looks OK, clear it and see if the code persists. Knock sensors definitely fail, and in an older bugeye I wouldn't be surprised. I changed mine out last year sometime.
#4 Old 02-09-2011, 07:39 PM
WRXtuners Member

gangster is an unknown
its gotta be stressed wires some where in the harness. I just bought a brand new knock sensor from the dealer. any easy ways at solving this? Should I just pull the harness and buy a new one?
#5 Old 02-09-2011, 07:51 PM

wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to
Bummer. I've got an extra plenum with harness sitting around, but wouldn't really want to separate them. From Subaru that harness will cost $243. I'd sell you the whole plenum with injectors, throttle body, TPS, etc. for that much or less. PM me an offer.
#6 Old 02-10-2011, 09:04 AM
WRXtuners Member

gangster is an unknown
pm'd
#7 Old 04-05-2011, 02:59 PM
WRXtuners Member

gangster is an unknown
It ended up being a pulled wire. When we went to change out the harness we ran a test w/ a volt meter. And hey what do you know? The knock sensor wire was pulled out of the gray harness over by the passenger side.
#8 Old 04-05-2011, 04:08 PM
WRXtuners Member

basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to basco Send a message via MSN to basco
Glad to see you've got it figured out!

FP GT35R MoTeC M800 AndrewTech PPG'd Wagon - 513AWHP
06 Mazdaspeed6 280/330
- Matt