Issues during my tuning session - Page 2 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#16 Old 08-28-2012, 10:54 PM
WRXtuners Member

brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to
Garage
Those numbers are crazy given how low reading that dyno is.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#17 Old 08-29-2012, 07:12 AM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
Great numbers John. Now Im the one that needs to play catch up lol.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#18 Old 08-29-2012, 07:35 AM
WRXtuners Member

man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to
Thanks guys. Numbers aside, I'm really happy with the overall driveability. Since I have no interest in doing top-end highway pulls against RWD sports cars or street bikes, I think this is about the optimum setup for a daily driven car. There's plenty of power and it comes on fairly quick. Jorge said the limiting factor on this setup, oddly enough, is the MAF sensor - it's running at peak voltage and won't read any higher.

John
07 WRX (Albins 5MT + Blouch 20G)
Jorge Carrillo Tuned (365 whp/340 wtq)
#19 Old 08-29-2012, 02:11 PM
WRXtuners Member

Hondafan is a helpful contributing member
Didn't you wrap your header? I would hate to melt everything underneath my car... I had shards 'o' glass all in my hands after wrapping mine (that didn't fit). I fell prey to seeing the same part number on different aftermarket headers and didn't see that it wouldn't clear my oil cooler. Lame. At least I got it super cheap, but it was for an '02-'05 and I had the oversight that if the part number was the same for the one for the STi to the WRX, that it would go the other way too.

#20 Old 08-29-2012, 10:49 PM
WRXtuners Member

man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to
Nope, I decided not to wrap them. I've heard wraps don't have a particularly long lifespan and I really wouldn't want to do that job more than once. Glass shards are no fun. Besides a good portion of the undertray, the only thing that really melted was the lower part of the passenger side radiator fan. I think with a little bit of plastic grinding and rerouting the wire, I'll be back in business with two working fans instead of one.

John
#21 Old 08-30-2012, 06:24 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
I don't have a undertray anymore. Which doesn't help me for driving in the rain with my CAI. But, its either that or burning the undertray. That's some nice numbers John. Justin forgets its not a mustang dyno...but dynojets are better than dynapaks. . But, I'm sure its nice no matter the numbers. It looks pretty simular to my DOM 2.5 XTR just less TQ and more HP. You're power comes on a little quicker than me. But, I'd get you when its spooled. LOL

Kirt
378awhp/373wtq Custom Dom 3 & CBRD tuned 2006 STI.
"When in doubt...flat out" - Colin McRae
#22 Old 08-30-2012, 07:03 PM
WRXtuners Member

Oh yeah? Well, by that point, I would have backed off the go-pedal and laughed as you did a loser fly by

...and I want to try to keep my undertray to protect the area under the engine from road debris (namely, my precious FuMoto quick drain oil valve)

John
#23 Old 08-31-2012, 06:15 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Street racer...Idk my short ratio 6 spd might cancel out some of my lag. But, on a drag strip I'd catch you before the finish line....if I knew how to drag properly. lol...I would just let Keith or Joshua do the driver mod for me.

Kirt
#24 Old 09-01-2012, 12:35 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
I wonder how different it is launching shifting with the 6spd, and of course you redline is raised also isnt it Kirt? Either way I would like to give it a shot

**Oh and a little OT, but I can actually hear my gears sometimes, haha. I guess I was just so excited or focused on the new CBE. I realized the other day I could hear it and actually and made a big deal over it, wife once again thought I was stupid, lol.

Joshua
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#25 Old 09-01-2012, 08:54 PM
WRXtuners Member

I need to go rotated for the raised redline or a big arse DOM turbo...I think its at 7,250 right now. But, the light still comes on at 7. Chad left it that way just so I try to avoid fuel cut. But, he'd raise the redline up more if my turbo would keep trucking after the OEM redline. He said its not really helpful to have it any higher.

Kirt
#26 Old 09-02-2012, 11:05 AM

Ok so yours is setup pretty much like mine then. Tim had bumped mine to 7200 but like you said doesnt/didnt do too much for me, and especially since Im still stock engine wise

Joshua
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#27 Old 09-02-2012, 06:08 PM
WRXtuners Member

Correct, the setup on the ecu is the same. But, my engine and turbo performs with a little more gusto at that rpm.

Sent from my AT100 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

Kirt
#28 Old 09-02-2012, 10:33 PM
WRXtuners Member

Could someone please plug in their green test connectors and see if the passenger side radiator fan turns on when everything cycles? I assume it should - mine still doesn't

John