issue trying to start the car after tgv instalation - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 06-17-2011, 07:47 PM
WRXtuners Member

golddestiny357 is an unknown
issue trying to start the car after tgv instalation

i have a 2002 wrx wagon, and I can't get it to start. It cranks but won't turn on. The fuel pump is running but there's no spark. I bought the car without the remote transmitter to activate and deactivate the alarm. All I did was just disconnect the security unit box that is underneath the e-brake and the car was turning on fine. I changed the tgv on the car because it was stuck close and when i assembled everything back together, the car wont turn on.. Could this be the security mess on the car, or i left something wrong while assembling everything back? Any help will be appreciated.

Last edited by Vew; 06-18-2011 at 12:34 PM. Reason: Corrected for grammar & spelling. Take the time to do it right or don't post at all. It's not fair to other members.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 06-17-2011, 09:22 PM
WRXtuners Member

mfarnham is an unknown
Well if it started fine after you messed with the security, then broke after you did the TGV's I think it's safe to assume you didn't put the car back together correctly.

Mike
#3 Old 06-17-2011, 10:15 PM

wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to
First thing I would check (assuming you confirmed no spark) would be the large brown and black harness connectors between the battery and windshield washer reservoir. Disconnect them, inspect for broken wires and make sure they are snapped all the way together.

Did you put it in the diagnostic loop and scan ? Cam position, crank angle sensor, or a broken tooth are pretty much the only things on the engine that will prevent spark. Codes will tell you if it is the first two. From there it is going to be in the harness or ECU.

+1 on learning the English language. thanks

Cullen