Injector Problem? - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 08-04-2004, 03:36 PM
WRXtuners Member

Sugar187 is an unknown
Question Injector Problem?

Hey on my 02 WRX I have a little problem as of late. It seems as though at low RPMs my car wants to stall out and starts blowing out white smoke. I can also smell gas. I think that it is the injectors. I bought the car about a month ago and it has a walbro 255 on it. The injectors are stock as well as the fuel pressure regulator. And would some DSM 550cc injectors work in a WRX. My friend has some that I may could try out if mine are bad. Thanks for the help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 08-04-2004, 09:59 PM
WRXtuners Member

fc735 is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to fc735
it could be alot of things....

but no, DSM inj. wont work....

and i dont think an injector will cause it to stall at idle, and blow white smoke.

me thinks you may have a head gasket issue....check into it.
#3 Old 08-04-2004, 10:10 PM
WRXtuners Member

BlueDemon is known to be trustworthy and helpful BlueDemon is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via AIM to BlueDemon
Yeah, sounds like a more expensive problem than injectors, sorry. White smoke..... isn't that usually coolant burning up? I forgot. So that could definitely be a head gasket problem. Get a Blow-By and Compression test done.

Blue
#4 Old 08-05-2004, 02:11 PM
WRXtuners Member

Sugar187 is an unknown
Hey thanks guys. Is there any way to get a better look and see if it is the head gasket? And I was thinking that the head gasket smoke would be blue. But I am not sure I always thought that if white smoke and you could smell gas it was definately in the fuel system, but this is the first Subaru I have owned and am unsure. It is also hard for me to find a good import shop in Montgomery Alabama. Well thanks and I am still open for more suggestions. I will get somebody to take a look at it though.
#5 Old 08-20-2004, 11:30 PM
WRXtuners Member

AZ-Scoob is an unknown
Send a message via MSN to AZ-Scoob
burning coolant=white smoke, burning oil=blue smoke, injector stuck open=black smoke. with the car cold, open the coolant cap and start the car, look for bubbles in the coolant: this would be exhaust gas getting past the head gasket(s). also look for coolant in the oil, the oil will look like chocolate milk. it is possible to have a blown headgasket (or worse) and get no cross contamination of any fluids. if you are leary of local shops, do a search for leakdown test and compression test, purchase the gauges and have at it yourself, might be the way to get to the bottom of this.

[I]"Winners never quit, quitters never win, those that never win or quit are idiots."[/I]