inconsistent acceleration - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 03-08-2010, 10:13 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

BLACKENED888 is an unknown
inconsistent acceleration

hey fellas, i have a stock 04 wrx. i know outside temperature has alot to do with boost, but somedays the car feels amazingly strong and fast, the next day similar weather it will feel sluggish....night and day in the difference. my boost gage is ALWAYS reading the same at WOT. any ideas??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 03-08-2010, 10:27 PM
WRXtuners Member

ratfink is a helpful contributing member
Gas can make a huge difference, but you didn't mention if you had filled up in between. I had to stop getting fuel from a local station that had 93. I found that every time I filled up there I had issues. Even 91 station nearby had better results. Other wise, all I can think of is maybe a bad ground or boos/exhaust leak that gets better when warmed up?

Brad

AEM CAI, Perrin ELH wrapped, Catted Downpipe, Stage II XPT tune, K4RT30Y STS, lip, shark fin
post #3 of 8 Old 03-08-2010, 10:35 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

i certainly agree with the fuel but i fill up once a week, and the change in acceleration is daily...and i only hit boost when its completely warmed up. had it on a hoist at work, didnt hear or see any exhaust leaks either. the boost leak makes sense but if a had a leak, my boost gage wouldnt be reading the same every day, which it does. im completely stumped....maybe the e.c.u needs a reflash? its temping to just go stage 1 with the access port.
post #4 of 8 Old 03-08-2010, 10:45 PM
WRXtuners Member

What kind of gauge, manual or electric? Some aren't accurate enough to see a 1 pound difference.

Brad

AEM CAI, Perrin ELH wrapped, Catted Downpipe, Stage II XPT tune, K4RT30Y STS, lip, shark fin
post #5 of 8 Old 03-08-2010, 10:49 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

mechanical...which technically isnt the highest level of accuracy. the difference really is night and day, so its gotta be more then 1lb of boost...if thats the issue. does the e.c.u reflash make any sense?
post #6 of 8 Old 03-08-2010, 10:54 PM
WRXtuners Member

Honestly, I have no idea on this. Remember humidity can be just as effective as temperature in changing power levels.

Brad

post #7 of 8 Old 03-08-2010, 11:01 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

your quite right...im not sure how much the humididity fluctuates here....i live about 500 feet from the atlantic ocean lol. i have a friend who works at subaru i will talk to a little more in depth with tomorrow. ill keep you posted, somedays that car puts a great big smile on my face, the next day...not so much lol.
post #8 of 8 Old 03-08-2010, 11:13 PM
WRXtuners Member

Hope you get it figured out.

Brad