I just want answers Please!! - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 08-25-2008, 02:04 PM
WRXtuners Member

Johnders2586 is an unknown
I just want answers Please!!

What is wrogn wiht me BCS? apparently nothing because i tested it off the battery with leads and it clicked so i know its funktioning. Ive tested seemingly everyhting anyone has recomended. this is an ongoing problem for almost 3 years now that ive owned this car. What i dont understand is how when i replaced it with a new one it worked for a little while then just suddenly stopped. i know their getting power and i know the BSC is working. But for some unknown reason its like my computer is not telling it to open.. I have stg2 AP and im running wastgate boost .i have the pill in the line i dont have any other mods it was working just fine for about 6 months then just stopped i dont have a check engin light there are no leaks it just doesnt want to work Ive tried so many things to figure this out its really makes me want to never buy a subaru again. I broke down and barrowed my friends MBC and have been using it but i know thats horrible for my car but i have no money to take it to the dealer and get raped for them to tell me theres nothing wrong.. I just dont get it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 08-25-2008, 02:10 PM

mosc is a helpful contributing member
Garage
You bought a car you can't afford to fix and you wonder why you're having problems? Cars are not the simplest things in the world and expecting everything to be a bed of roses is naive. Sometimes, you just need to break down and take it to a good mechanic.

04 STi 16G powered lagless fun
04 WRX: SOLD
#3 Old 08-25-2008, 02:34 PM
WRXtuners Member

Yeah i pay almost 20k for a car i expect it to work right. i had a civic for years without any problem(and im sure peopel here think there pos but atleast it had reliability) There was a point when i could afford my car before 4$ a gallon and a crappy economy. I realize not everyhting is black and white with cars but im exteemly frustrated. I guess its just not worth complaining about thanks for all your expert advice.
#4 Old 08-25-2008, 02:54 PM
WRXtuners Member

SuBeast is on thin ice
Garage
Send a message via AIM to SuBeast
Sorry for the noob question, but what's a BSC, or BCS, whatever he's talking about?

FAST
RELIABLE
CHEAP
Pick 2
2006 STi
1990 Civic time-attack project
1990 Toyota Hilux - daily
#5 Old 08-25-2008, 04:59 PM
WRXtuners Member

Chase is a WRX expert worth listening to Chase is a WRX expert worth listening to Chase is a WRX expert worth listening to
Thanks for making me feel less dumb. What is that?
#6 Old 08-25-2008, 05:09 PM
WRXtuners Member

SuBeast is on thin ice
Garage
Send a message via AIM to SuBeast
The only thing I can think of of what he's talking about since he said something about battery and cliking and stuff is maybe BatteryControlledStarter? But that's obviously not it....

FAST
RELIABLE
CHEAP
Pick 2
2006 STi
1990 Civic time-attack project
1990 Toyota Hilux - daily
#7 Old 08-25-2008, 06:04 PM

mosc is a helpful contributing member
Garage
He's meaning BCS not BSC I assume which is Boost Control Solenoid. Should be some good info on the site here if you poke around a bit. I think Johnders2586 problem thread would help in particular (if you post a link to it, you get a free e-cookie).

04 STi 16G powered lagless fun
04 WRX: SOLD
#8 Old 08-25-2008, 06:10 PM
b7g
WRXtuners Member

b7g is an unknown
boost control solenoid... I checked your old posts, and the majority were about boost issues. You could have an issue with the ecu not doing its job or overdoing it and burning the bcs, or something else... I am with mosc on this one--if you could not and can not fix it, take it to someone who can. It is easier, not cheaper, to take it to the dealer, or better yet to a renowned Subaru shop, and pay them to take care of it once and for all... Sorry

drive = freedom
#9 Old 08-25-2008, 06:13 PM
WRXtuners Member

aeneas is an unknown
jesus, try proofreading if you want to seem like you've at least been to elementary school.
#10 Old 08-25-2008, 07:47 PM
WRXtuners Member

Sorry if my spelling wasn’t up to your superior standards, I was in a bit of an enraged typing furry so I didn’t stop and pick out every spelling error. I didn’t know this was an English class my bad thanks for your constructive input

But thank your mosc and b7g I appreciate your help i guess ill have to break down and take it in.
#11 Old 08-25-2008, 10:06 PM
WRXtuners Member

Chase is a WRX expert worth listening to Chase is a WRX expert worth listening to Chase is a WRX expert worth listening to
You have to remember also, tuning is a process. You are taking components and replacing them with more powerful counterparts, you can't always expect everything that works in sinc with those parts to accept the change. I've owned my car for a year and it hasn't run right even once after dumping 7 grand into it. You're preaching to the choir, it is VERY frustrating.

I'm holding out for that day when I'll get everything to click and it will be the car I hear it's supposed to be. And if there are anymore huge monetary setbacks, then there is always plan B... "Accidently" totaling the car.
#12 Old 08-26-2008, 12:53 AM
WRXtuners Member

RentForSale is an unknown
Gotta pay to play .....

-NICK-