Hunting down squeaks and rattles. - Page 2 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 20 Old 01-11-2003, 10:46 AM
WRXtuners Member

iceNine is an unknown
I had the usual window squeak from the drivers side forward rubber section that could be temorarily treated with an application of ArmourAll to the rubber seals. Then I installed the JDM Side Visors above the windows. Part of the installation involves pulling the top part of the window seals out of their track to attach the visor brackets. Getting the seals back in right was a bit of a challenge but now the windows squeak from the top of the seals. The point is that squeaks from the window seal rubber may be caused by slight shifting or stretching of the rubber in the tracks. Just an idea but maybe some squeaks could be improved by slight adjustments in the rubber one way or another.

Dale

Dale
PSM WRX Sedan
HKS MBC, Forge BOV, Defi gauge pod, Cusco sway bars, Kartboy droplinks, STI v2 front lip, stainless brake lines, STI foglight covers, Duffgaurd Diff protector
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 20 Old 01-16-2003, 02:13 AM
WRXtuners Member

bokfon is an unknown
Quote:
Originally posted by noobracer
My front window makes a god awful squeak every time i open and close it. It sucks does anyone else have this problem.

All I did was take some silicon spray and spray it in the front corner of the track and it took care of the squeak.
post #18 of 20 Old 01-30-2003, 01:21 PM
WRXtuners Member

DJSpaghetto69 is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to DJSpaghetto69
>You really do have to do some unusual thinks to track these things down. Probably why professional mecanics usually can't find the source of these things when you take your car in for service. They aren't willing to go the extra mile (in the trunk) to find them.<

I highly disagree with this statement. I was a Suby Tech for about a year or so who specialized in drivablity concerns. In all of the dealers I have worked for as a tech, they have always had one person who did this sort of thing for CSI reasons. Pulling from my own experiance, I have also dealt with cars that I could not duplicate the concern of the customer. That comes with the territory. I wouldn't be so quick to write off the dealer unless they are overtly sloppy with thier quality of work.

BTW, with Suby's window tracks, Silicon is your best freind. Infact, the dealer I worked for lubed them every 15k service.

Just my $.02.

JDMness... Yum!
post #19 of 20 Old 03-17-2003, 11:22 AM
WRXtuners Member

SteveMY99 is an unknown
Unhappy squeek squeek

Any one got any hints to fix rear passanger window squeek (right next to my ear)
post #20 of 20 Old 04-15-2003, 08:26 PM
WRXtuners Member

fc735 is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to fc735
either silicon spray, or stuff made by kimball midwest called dry-lube, its a ptfe lubricant in a alcohol carrier, sprays on liquid, dries to a nice, slick, teflon lubricant! awesome stuff, i use it daily for annoying cars (and customers!)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement