Subaru WRX Forum banner

Help No BOOST 04 wrx

9K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  WRXIE 
#1 ·
i need help asap... i took my 04wrx in to the subaru dealer to have them look at some issues the mechanic told me i have no boost... i replaced the turbo vacuum lines(one line was cracked) still accelerating slow... now i can hear the turbo spooling but i dont feel the turbo kick in...(occasionally it feels like its back but then theres times i fell nothing)... i have no mods its bone stock no gagues ....im new to wrxs and turbo so im stuck...what should i check? please help this is killing me trying to figure it out.... could it be the wastegate, the solenoid? maybe another vacuum leak else where? or is the turbo just shot?

#2 ·
also when im on the highway and in 5th gear somtimes not always ill hit the gas and get no response.. i mean ill put the pedel to the floor and the rpm and mph dont move...ill down shift to 4th and then it will accelerate but slow i feel no pull... this happenes on occasion... im not sure if its related to the no boost issue but maybe it will help... im lost guys lol need advice.. im some what mechanically inclined so i know my way around a car but i dont know too much about turbos......

#5 ·
When was the last time you changed your plugs and did a good tune up on it? I would keep looking for boost leaks, have you taken your intercooler off to look at the Y pipe and make sure the clamps are still nice and tight as well.

#6 ·
i just bought the car from my dad he blew the first engine and replaced it about 5-6 months ago. should i get it re tunned just to make sure it was tunned correctly? i havent checked the y pipe yet.ill try that tomm..whats the best way to check for a boost leak?

#10 ·
when i brought it to subaru it was to get the oil changed and the belts replaced....then i had a CEL it was the front 02 sensor so i replaced that....when the mechanic took it for a test run he came back and told me the car was ideling rough (but from what i hear thats normal on the boxer engine....the RPMS dont jump around so im not worried bout that) and from 3k-6k i was gettting no boost.....so i replaced line 4 in the diagram( the line from the solendoid to the turbo inlet pipe) then i replaced the rest just to make sure there were no other cracks.... i do have the restrictor pill in i double checked to make sure......

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.