HELP! My 02 WRX will not start! - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 03-19-2006, 11:08 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

lbailey2705 is an unknown
HELP! My 02 WRX will not start!

okay i recently installed a perrin downpipe and did not purchace the perrin cel fix, instead i bought a CEL fix from ebay. the CEL fix was basically a spacer just moving the o2 sensor out of flow from the exhaust....for about 2 weeks the car was runnin fine then i noticed my checks engine light came on so i got back under my car and noticed that the o2 sensor had been damage..one of the black wires had been rubbing up against the underbody and broke apart. after dicovering this i tried to splice the wire back together and put the o2 sensor back in the downpipe..well i tired starting my car and it fired up like normal right away but the after about 5 seconds the engine died!! i tried disconecting the black battery cable to reset the ECU but still the car will not start back up! i know i need a new o2 sensor but is this the reason my car will not start!? i talked to a porsche mechanic and he said that sounded wierd and the problem of my car not starting would have nothing to do with the o2 sensor...the only thing is the car ran fine before i tried to splice the wires back together...could that be part of the the problem when i spliced the wires back together could i have damaged something?? also do you have to use the perrin CEL fix with the perrin downpipe?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 03-19-2006, 11:04 PM
WRXtuners Member

9d2TSi is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to 9d2TSi Send a message via MSN to 9d2TSi
Go through and make sure that you didn't blow any fuses from the wire possibly shorting something out. As for the cel fix, you don't have to be brand specific with it. The one you have should be just fine.

My car is well, it's like 10 lbs of shit in a 5 lb bag...

<------ Click to see what I'm workin' with. ;)