3Likes
  • 2 Post By arcticscythe
  • 1 Post By arcticscythe

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 04-04-2014, 12:59 PM
WRXtuners Member

crazyhorse2112 is an unknown
Help me!!

06 WRX only reading 5 and a half pounds of boost at full throttle on Accesport stage 1 tune, cat-back exhaust, greedy stage 2 clutch, act light weight flywheel, go fast bits hybrid bypass valve.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 04-04-2014, 01:18 PM
WRXtuners Member

arcticscythe is known to be trustworthy and helpful arcticscythe is known to be trustworthy and helpful
crazyhorse,

its time for a boost leak test, check all the couplers and fittings/compression rings from your turbo to your intercooler and from your intercooler to your intake manifold. also check for split or broken vaccum hoses.

If you cant find anything out of the ordinary you can have it fogged, they hook up a machine that makes smoke and they pressurize your intake path, that way they can see where the leak is.
boo-key bear and BLAZE2099 like this.

Jason
13 WRX Hatch
#3 Old 04-04-2014, 03:44 PM
WRXtuners Member

crazyhorse2112 is an unknown
I can't seem to find anything out of the norm...do you know of any shops that fog the system?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
#4 Old 04-04-2014, 05:17 PM
WRXtuners Member

BLAZE2099 is known to be trustworthy and helpful BLAZE2099 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Many do, just use google as a tool to find one in your area or ask around on Facebook.

Randy-
2002 blaze WRX- sold:(
2004 Wrx-sold
2011 Wrx limited
99 Fozz- sold
Eagle eye crew
#5 Old 04-04-2014, 05:43 PM
WRXtuners Member

arcticscythe is known to be trustworthy and helpful arcticscythe is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Ive got one but they're out here in SoCal, for a virginia driver i would just run a quick google search for Subaru Tuners / Import Tuners. Boost leak detection is kinda over the heads of most chain automotive places. It shouldnt cost you more than a hundred dollars to have them diagnose and repair the issue so long as the leak isnt coming from something major like an inter-cooler or a compressor.

Some folks make their own boost leak testers by putting a tire valve stem on a PVC cap, attaching it to their intake plumbing and pressurizing the system with a compressor set to low pressure. If your going the DIY route dont go to fast and dont go over your cars max boost pressure (14-18PSI). then its just a matter of using soapy water to find the leak. If you handle it yourself also make sure you pop the oil cap just to make sure you aren't pressurizing any oil systems.

Either way DIY or professional good luck finding that leak, Im crossing my fingers for you that its something silly like a cracked vaccum hose
boo-key bear likes this.

Jason
13 WRX Hatch
#6 Old 04-05-2014, 05:29 AM
WRXtuners Member

Fidrat is more helpful than not
Sounds like what happened to me a few months back. Everyone kept saying "boost leak test"over and over. As it turned out the C-clip on the wastegate actuator arm was missing and the arm had come completely off. Give it a look-see. It's right under your heat shield for the turbo.

All right, where is the distributor cap? I need to find the #1 plug wire to hook up my SUN machine.