Subaru WRX Forum banner

Help identifying various squeaks and rattles on 2013 WRX hatchback.

3K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  jaypetermen 
#1 ·
All these sounds are intermittent. I have searched the posts on this forum but I have not found solutions for these problems.

1. Sounds like small plastic piece is rolling around in drivers door on deceleration and cornering. Pulled door panel off and did not find anything loose.

2. Squeaky/grinding sound in steering column wile turning into parking spaces at low speed.

3. Rattle sound from console area while decelerating in second gear. Note that car has after market cat-back, but have already removed exhaust heat shield.

4. Squeaky sounds and grinding/funny foot feel in clutch after aggressive start. Lasts for a couple days and then goes away.

#5 ·
your best bet for finding the sound for the exhaust might be crawling under and checking to see if the mounting bracket for the down pipe is secured.
I know my downpipe bracket broke some time back and I would have a rattling noise during certain times and only found that it was broke when I removed the downpipe due to the clean break at the weld.

#9 ·
More information about #1. Sounds like small plastic piece is rolling around in drivers door on deceleration and cornering. Pulled door panel off and did not find anything loose.

I actually think that the sound is not coming from the door but rather the drivers side door pillar up where the seat belt attaches or in the roof liners. I can really notice is while stopping on a hill.

It may be the seat belt locking mechanism?

Epictofer - I will try the rubber mallet suggestion and see if that reproduces the #3 sound. Rattle sound from console area while decelerating in second gear. Note that car has after market cat-back, but have already removed exhaust heat shield.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.