Help, Gc8 Boost Issue
Having problems with running stock boost (14psi) on my MY00 GC8 WRX. At the moment it only runs 8-9psi.
- APS dual entry tmic
- 3? APS tbe with hi-tech muffler
Have checked and done the following:
- tmic piping.
- Switching the stock bpv with another stock bpv.
- Tried a manual boost controller on full setting and only runs 12psi (which shouldn?t be the case if it?s totally dialled all the way).
- Bypassing the solenoid by blocking off the hose and hitting fuel cut. Got more power but still didn?t seem right.
- Resetting the ECU.
- No significant sound in the cabin coming from the engine bay when driving which would indicate a boost leak.
- Had the problem when I bought it stock with the td04 and stock tmic, so I don?t think it would be the tmic or vf30 installed in the car currently. I didn?t realise I was running 8-9psi until a friend tested it through an OBD meter.
- Restrictor pill is in its correct position.
Have taken it to a few forum members and still trying to find an answer. Am really stumped for ideas apart from taking it to a place which does pressure testing. Anyone with some ideas or similar problems please let me know.
See pictures below (note: I have circled in red a pipe T-section which I'm not sure why it doesn't have a hose connecting to it, when I put my finger up against it and lift up the accelerator line I feel it sucking my finger in a little bit)
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:43 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin®. Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8pl1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.