gas tank problem? - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 03-02-2011, 11:24 AM
WRXtuners Member

pollock is an unknown
gas tank problem?

everytime i try to put gas in my tank it will go for about 10 seconds then randomly click and stop pumping gas like it usualy does when u have a full tank, but i dont have a full tank so i dont see why it stops pumping, so ill keep doing it until i get the amount of gas i want, so i assumed it was the pump i went to another gas station and it did it again, anyone know why?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 03-02-2011, 11:34 AM
WRXtuners Member

pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
I believe it's the breather vent and others have had this issue. Look into the TSB's for your car.

Don't pump as fast or try to pull the handle out a little bit.

Paul
2007 XT
2007 MS3
#3 Old 03-02-2011, 11:40 AM
WRXtuners Member

pollock is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by pzr2874 View Post
I believe it's the breather vent and others have had this issue. Look into the TSB's for your car.

Don't pump as fast or try to pull the handle out a little bit.
TSB's? and yah i did slow down pumping to as slow as i could and it would still do it i tried tilting the pump also and pulled it out alittle didnt do much
#4 Old 03-02-2011, 12:00 PM
WRXtuners Member

pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
I was mistaken....It was on a fuel smell problem.

You could also try to turn the nozzle clockwise or counter clockwise to see if it still does it.

Someone else may chime in. But I remember the cars' having issues with a clogged or bent breather piece/line

Paul
2007 XT
2007 MS3
#5 Old 03-02-2011, 02:09 PM
WRXtuners Member

RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollock View Post
i did slow down pumping to as slow as i could and it would still do it i tried tilting the pump also and pulled it out alittle didnt do much
That's what she said?

-Chris
#6 Old 03-02-2011, 02:12 PM
WRXtuners Member

gunk007 is more helpful than not
I had this problem in my 04. I just slowed down the pump (or pulled the nozzel out some) and it fixed the problem. I actually noticed that some gas stations pumped faster than others b/c the pump woudld turn off at one gas station and run fine at another. Seems like you already tried this, just thought I would let you know you are not alone. Good Luck.
#7 Old 03-02-2011, 04:09 PM
WRXtuners Member

pollock is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunk007 View Post
I had this problem in my 04. I just slowed down the pump (or pulled the nozzel out some) and it fixed the problem. I actually noticed that some gas stations pumped faster than others b/c the pump woudld turn off at one gas station and run fine at another. Seems like you already tried this, just thought I would let you know you are not alone. Good Luck.
yah ill try a gas station thazt i havent been too before and see what happens, thanks man