Gas Smell From Rear of Car...Need Some Advice Before I Spend Money - Page 2 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#16 Old 04-21-2009, 04:24 PM
WRXtuners Member

03 CrazyTaxi is known to be trustworthy and helpful 03 CrazyTaxi is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via MSN to 03 CrazyTaxi Send a message via Yahoo to 03 CrazyTaxi
The line is under the manifold on the passenger side near the fuel pressure regulator.

It's either that line or you might have torn injector O-rings.

VF34'd Corvette Killer aka Doug
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#17 Old 01-17-2010, 06:35 PM
WRXtuners Member

busadave is an unknown
fuel smell

STOP.....before you do anything else,take the plastic shield off the fuel inlet pipe and check for rusted holes in the bend or a rock rubbed a hole in it.good luck.
#18 Old 06-02-2010, 04:56 PM
WRXtuners Member

Drexer13 is an unknown
Im having the exact same problem on my 02 wrx. I just rebuilt the engine and replaced all the hoses and clamps with new ones. I know the smell is not coming from the front of the car, and just like you I only smell it when the window is down. Im getting the same CEL "small leak in the evap system. Im pretty close to just pulling the tank and replacing all the hoses and clamps and probably both of the gaskets on the tank it self. It would be nice to hear how this thread ended before I go through all that work.
#19 Old 06-28-2010, 06:44 PM
WRXtuners Member

Drexer13 is an unknown
When I bought my car the guy I bought it from had a walbro fuel pump installed and when the guy put the cover back on the gas tank he mangled the seal. When I would drive with the windows down I guess it was pulling air in through the truck and across that seal and that is where the fuel smell was coming from. I replaced the seal and no more smell, and the car is no longer throwing a cell. I just thought I would add an ending to this thread just in case someone else had the same problem.
#20 Old 07-28-2010, 03:07 AM
WRXtuners Member

armandjones82 is an unknown
Try to really check all the parts there in your car, in particular the Fuel Filler Neck. It might have some leak if ever, or it might becoming "rusty" in a way that it acts up like that. In a long run, try to research for some good parts you might have in order to really have a good car with quality car parts.