fuel pump issues - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 07-03-2010, 04:40 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

FranzKlammer is an unknown
fuel pump issues

2005 WRX Sedan won't start, so when I disconnect both fuel lines at the motor, no fuel coming out when the motor is turned on. I have tracked power to the wire connector under the rear seat, but can't get any power to show up at either fuel tank cover. I pulled both fuel tank cover plates and disconnected both wire connectores but can't find any power, so I think the fuel pump needs power to run. Any ideas ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 07-06-2010, 12:24 PM
WRXtuners Member

pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Have you pulled the pump and filter out yet ??

Paul
2002 WRX Sold
2007 WRX Sold
2007 STi totaled
2007 Foz XT sold
2007 MS3
post #3 of 6 Old 07-06-2010, 02:28 PM

wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to
First thing I would check is fuses and relays, if they're good, then I would take the pump out and connect it to a hot 12v source (battery) to see if it runs. That will determine that the problem is in the wiring harness or ECU. Troubleshooting from there gets a lot more complicated
post #4 of 6 Old 07-06-2010, 10:56 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagonracer View Post
First thing I would check is fuses and relays, if they're good, then I would take the pump out and connect it to a hot 12v source (battery) to see if it runs. That will determine that the problem is in the wiring harness or ECU. Troubleshooting from there gets a lot more complicated
I took the pump out this morning and hooked up a battery and it pumped just fine. So I ran a couple of new wires to it back in the car and it ran just fine. I did get two new codes

P0183-Fuel Temperature Sensor A Circuit High Input
P0230-Fuel Pump Primary Circuit Malfunction -- huh ?

Where do I get a manual for this car, a good one ?
post #5 of 6 Old 07-07-2010, 12:44 AM

wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to
complete shop manuals can be found at Impreza Manuals | ken-gilbert.com I'm not sure if the '05 is there, but very few changes were made between '02 and '05
post #6 of 6 Old 07-07-2010, 11:16 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagonracer View Post
complete shop manuals can be found at Impreza Manuals | ken-gilbert.com I'm not sure if the '05 is there, but very few changes were made between '02 and '05
Thanks, so when I look at the engine from the front of car, which fan on the radiator is AC. I want to wire that side with a switch and remove the AC pump. Thanks, again
Sponsored Links
Advertisement